AVIC411.com

Panasonic Strada CN-NVD905U

After several months of debating, I finally decided to go with the new Strada over the D3 and the Kenwood 7100.. I liked the D3's price, but after having the N1 since 2004, I had to have a unit without the DVD discs... they were just to much of a hassle. Went into the shop all ready to buy the 7100, but then saw Panasonic Strada display. The speed of the unit, minus the discs really sold me. Full display on the screen from the sirius tuner. I hated the interface on the avic's, and it didn't seem like pioneer was gonna change it anytime soon. Sirius Traffic tuner due out in August. Got a pretty decent deal, well below retail with bluetooth and reverse cam thrown in. POI's are just as good if not better than Pioneer's. Drawbacks would be having to buy the expansion unit to add the ipod cable and sirius tuner.. No DIVX support on the strada either, so if ur looking for that feature, the Strada is not for you. Also, u cant rip music to the 30 GB hard drive. This wasn't a big deal for me being how I listen to sirius most of the time. Over all, I'm happy with the unit... If anyone is interested in pics, let me know and i will post em....

• 3 weeks later...

i just saw the strada the other day and was really impressed. never been a fan of panasonic but i think that it may be my next unit. i just sold my z1 after about 6 months and my d3 after 5 days. the panasonic reminded me a bit of my old eclipse units. and the ipod interface looked awesome with a lot more flexibility than the others

• 3 months later...

Took me a bit, but I finally had the time to go and get the Ipod adapter, sirius tuner, and expansion box installed on my Panasonic Strada.. I was holding out for the Traffic tuner, but couldn't wait any longer. I talked to the Panasonic mobile electronic tech on the phone, and he told me that it was taking them a little longer than expected to produce the tuner. I asked if Directed Electronics was making it for them, and he told me that they weren't. Panasonic was going to produce it, which is why I guess it's taking so long. Directed looks like they make the majority of the Sirius tuners for the aftermarket systems... Anyway, I took the interface pictures of the Ipod audio (video firmware update on it's way), Sirius, and Fm stereo, but I cannot post them on this forum for some reason....I could e-mail them to someone if they are interested, just PM me....Hope it helps someone on the fence about whether or not to purchase this unit...

Ed

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i know this unit is new but has anyone had this unit and the dnx 7100? or had a good amount of time with both of these 2 units for some good pros and cons?

Does the kenwood have text 2 voice?

not the 7100 doesnt have text-to-voice either albeit it was really hard to find that out its not listed anywhere as having it or not till i finally got to play with the unit seeing as how portable garmins have it i dont see why it was left out of the 7100