AVIC411.com

installing d3 in my 03 cobra

Hey everyone. I have been reading these forums for a while and there is some great info on here. So great that I am thinking of undertaking the install myself.

I still need to order the ipod hookup for it. What part number is it and where do you suggest I order it?

Also I am going to order the metra install kit and wiring harness so I can still use my factory mach 460 speakers and amps.

I would like to do this myself that way I can do the bypass and make sure the unit is secured so a theif cant just walk away with it and everything is hidden where I want it to be.

Does anyone know where the vss wire and any other wires that I need to tap into are located?

Thanks ahead of time. Pics to come with some bg's that wonderful people on here have made.

LOL! Thanks. I am still not fully dedicated on doing it myself. I have heard the sound quality even with the metra harness isnt as good as with the factory head unit but we'll see. I just didng want to replace the factory speakers and amps all at once with the new deck. After all more go fast mods need to be done too. a clutch to hold my 600+ rwhp is on its way too.

LOL! Thanks. I am still not fully dedicated on doing it myself. I have heard the sound quality even with the metra harness isnt as good as with the factory head unit but we'll see. I just didng want to replace the factory speakers and amps all at once with the new deck. After all more go fast mods need to be done too. a clutch to hold my 600+ rwhp is on its way too.[/quote

I think I understand why you hate the mach system now. I got my metra wiring harness (well there is two of them) and I cant figure it out for the life of me.

I understand the big harness with the power wires, illumination wire, and speaker wires and where they go but dont know about the ill ground wire. And with the other harness that has the two rca wires and amp turn on amp ground wires where they go.

I guess I was thinking everything would hook up to the back of the unit and then plug into the factory harness and I would be good to go. I guess I will just have to take it to a stereo shop despite my really not liking that idea for fear of theives spotting my car and then jacking it later.

]

LOL! Thanks. I am still not fully dedicated on doing it myself. I have heard the sound quality even with the metra harness isnt as good as with the factory head unit but we'll see. I just didng want to replace the factory speakers and amps all at once with the new deck. After all more go fast mods need to be done too. a clutch to hold my 600+ rwhp is on its way too.[/quote

I think I understand why you hate the mach system now. I got my metra wiring harness (well there is two of them) and I cant figure it out for the life of me.

I understand the big harness with the power wires, illumination wire, and speaker wires and where they go but dont know about the ill ground wire. And with the other harness that has the two rca wires and amp turn on amp ground wires where they go.

I guess I was thinking everything would hook up to the back of the unit and then plug into the factory harness and I would be good to go. I guess I will just have to take it to a stereo shop despite my really not liking that idea for fear of theives spotting my car and then jacking it later.

]

What don't you get about it? The rcas plug into the sub out of the avic. The 2 blue wires go to the system remote of the avic. Through the 2.2k-3k resistor I told you about. The ampground wires get grounded. The negative illumination wire you don't use.