AVIC411.com

D3 HOW DO YOU GET PICTURES IF YOU HAVE VISTA

Don't be mad at me, I am not trying to be mean. But honestly your post makes no sense to me. I don't understand what doesn't work for you? More specific details and I or someone else will definitely help you out.

If you mean burning a disc with new backgrounds on it, Vista itself has no bearing on that. I have Vista Premium and am able to burn background discs as well as backup Nav discs with no problems whatsoever on Vista.

I AM NOT COMPUTER ELITERATE SO THAT MAY HAVE A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH WHY I AM STRUGGLING SO MUCH!!! I WILL TRY THAT AND THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS THANK YOU

HUH?????????? He says he isnt computer eliterate[sic] so thats why is he struggling so much? Isnt it supposed to be that is is a computer illiterate.

I AM NOT COMPUTER ELITERATE SO THAT MAY HAVE A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH WHY I AM STRUGGLING SO MUCH!!! I WILL TRY THAT AND THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS THANK YOU

HUH?????????? He says he isnt computer eliterate[sic] so thats why is he struggling so much?[/b] Isnt it supposed to be that is is a computer illiterate.

No, it means he is computer literate.

But hey, we are here to help if we can and not be English teachers. We can all correct punctuation.

the pictures also need to be in a folder named BG on the disc, and approx. 100MB of dummy data in the root folder. It would help you a bit to read the manual on this as well.

Paisan, he's talking about the D3, so this is not the case. My PICTURES folder is only 1.5 megs and it works for me.

the pictures also need to be in a folder named BG on the disc, and approx. 100MB of dummy data in the root folder. It would help you a bit to read the manual on this as well.

I have win Vista too, here is how I did mine! First, you cant use the BG folder with the D3, you need a folder named: "PICTURES"... Save your pics as ".JPG" or ".jpg" Do not put more than 20 pics in the folder... You should put at least 1.8MB of dummy data on the disk, but the 2nd CD I made worked fine without the dummy data. Dont use music files (mp3, acc, wav) for dummy data, and don't put the dummy data in the PICTURES folder. Now make an ISO, when you burn the CD, find a setting to finalize the CD... There are other ways to do it. I tried to burn a data CD and it did't work. I had to create an image with MagicISO. Now, people will post after me and call me dumb and say you dan't have to do all that, but hey! It worked for me... It depends on what you burn your CD with. I have one small pic that is only 87.8KB on the CD and it works fine, no dummy data.

• 4 weeks later...

I AM TRYING TO ADD BACKGROUND TO MY D3. IWENT THROUGH ABOUT A DOZEN CD-R'S. I'M NOT SURE WHAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN, BUT IT DOESNT SHOW UP. IT JUST SAYS READING FORMAT, THEN NOTHING. I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE T. ANY MORE IDEA'S? I USED MAGICISO, SET EVERYTHING THE SAME AS SCREEN SHOTS, AND NOTHING.