AVIC411.com

So after checking Pioneer's website every single day, the new upgrade disc has finally arrived.

Although this is what it's features are:

CNDV-70MTP

Navigation System Upgrade for all-in-one Navigation Systems

Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas Database

Compatible with AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1, AVIC-N1

12 Million Points of Interest

Ungrade discs for Pioneer Navigation Systems. Includes database and feature upgrades equivalent to the AVIC-N3 and AVIC-D2.

Compatible with AVIC-N1, AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1 only.

New Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas database on 2 DVD Discs featuring nearly 12 million Points of Interest (POI), plus US and Canada coverage (including Alaska and Hawaii).

Can anyone clarify if the disc will work for the AVIC-D2? One sentence says it's only compatible to the N1, N2 and D1 only, but the other sentence says the feature upgrades equivalent to the N3 and the D2.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Pioneer was desperate to get the CD out in the market when they've promised the discs to be out earlier this year. Do you guys think it's still worth getting the "2007" upgraded disc, when more than half the year is over with? I guess it would be if the 2008 disc isn't going to be introduced until this time next year.

I wonder if these are really out. I emailed them last week and they told me it would be the middle of August. I then went to see what was different from the 60 series to the 70 and now there is a link saying the 70's will be out in auguston the 60's link. It lets you put in your email to be updated when the arrive.

It does look like they fixed the post.

"Compatible with AVIC-N3, AVIC-D2, AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1, and AVIC-88DVD, AVIC-80DVD, AVIC-90DVD, and AVIC-9DVD, when used with Pioneer Touch Panel Display only."

What I was really hoping for was an ipod interface update. But unfortuntely my b-day wish did not come true. Proably one of the few reasons i would spend the money for a new disk, now im not so sure.

"Note: Does not change the XM Radio or iPod Interfaces."

The CNDV-70MTP have been printed. There is a limited number of copies for now and they are reserved to be included with new (in box) navi systems this year. We will be able to buy them after Aug. 16, 2007, but they might show up online after Aug. 1, 2007... That is what I was told by Pioneer!

Now that they are for sale on the website, I am going to place my order tonight when I get home from work :) Hopefully some time next week I will have them in my hands!

Let us know how it goes when you receive it!