AVIC411.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Torrent it FINE!! i ripped it, and it works!!

Dont lie, or cheat your self... LOL downloading the torrent is BAD, lol.. Yeah, and so is'ent charging 250.00 for updated maps. THAT SUCKS!

So just download it, be nice to others...dont ask stupid questions, with out the, "Sorry NOOB question", and a PLEASE helps alot!!

I'll will help anyone out who needs it! If you got manners.

I might be new to this forum...But my experence is HUGE with these systems now!

Even more so with the software!! I re-wrote the DVD for my likings!! (ALONG TIME!!! ALONG TIME!! to do, many used up DVD's for trial and error!!)

Now you are contradicting yourself... You ripped yourself a copy, then ask a question about a torrent you downloaded? Maybe next excuse you will say you lost or scratched your ripped copy after you sold your original discs? n :roll::lol::roll:

How am I contradicting myself? I ripped my own and the background files werent in it. So I downloaded the torrent, and it is the same result. Im sorry Mr High and Mighty "I have the real disc blah blah blah".... Dont be mad because the torrents are stealing your business.

No one (that I know of) has been seeding the ISOs. Maybe because it's easier to just buy them off MR XM then downloading 8 - 16 GBs, burning on DL DVDs to find that they are bad or corrupted (I know you can check the ChkSum but..). You could buy a DVD and seed it.... :wink:

That's my 2 cents, and I don't give refunds!!

Meanwhile... Back at the Hall of Justice...........

spiderman.gif

I did a bad thing, though, now that I think about it. I wanted to preserve my boot up screen and also add some custom backgrounds (my previous attempt failed because I didn't use all uppercase letters in the filename AND extensions). So, my first stop was my computer. I didn't need anything special to read the contents of the disc, so I copied the files to my hard drive, inserted my own files in place of BGOPEN2.JPG and in the BG2DIN (you know what I mean) directory, and then just burned a copy of the files to a DVD+R DL disc, named the same as the original. Then I used my copy to perform the upgrade. Good thing it worked. I probably should have upgraded from the original and then inserted my copy just to ensure no mishaps from a corrupted file created during the copy/burn process. But everything seems to be ok.

For all of you that are asking, YES I was able to add my own custom backgrounds. Using Win XP Pro, I copied the DVD to my hard drive, inserted my desired files, and burned a dual layer DVD using Roxio 6 and the "create ISO" setting.