AVIC411.com

what metra harness number?

Hey all. My d3 will be at the house in a few minutes and I have already gained info on what and where the vss and other wires are. I have the ipod controller and an install kit on its way but was wanting to know what metra wiring harness kit I need to purchase so my mach 460 speakers and amps work and where to purchase it at.

I am going to tackle this install myself that way I can do the bypass and make sure everything is where I want it along with securing the deck to the car so it cant be removed.

Thanks for the help,

Pics to come,

B

hey cntrylvr........I picked up some stuff at radio hack including some 2.2k resistors. Dumb question but how would you suggest I wire up that resistor? Solder it in when I hook up the metra harness to the avic or what?

Thanks for the help. Other than this resistor I think I have a pretty good game plan for installing this myself when the metra harness shows up on Monday.

Thanks again,

B

Solder is best. One end of resistor gets soldered to the amp turnon wire in the metra harness. The other side goes to the amp turnon of the avic. What I normally do when soldering in a resistor like this is to take a zip tie and cut it about an inch longer than the resistor is. Once the resistor is soldered in place I'll tape the zip tie in place this way the resistor can't easily be bent or broken.

Right on. That is a good idea and would have been my next question. Hopefully my wiring harness shows up Monday and I can get it all put together and installed in the car. I already have the bypass done and routes for everything ready. Just need the harness.

Thanks a million for your help.