AVIC411.com

Z1, Z2, and Z3 HDD FAQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can use a larger toshiba hard drive and expand the music partition. The database has a limition of 400 albums and 400 Artist. The stock drive has a 9gb music partition, and will hold about 160 albums (cd's). No need for anything larger than a 60gb drive in order to hold the 400 album limit. No, you can't copy music from PC to the drive. It must be ripped by the AVIC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

wow, thread went off course......  

I have an unlocked 80gb drive, I got the torrent that contains a few file like z3 - 201210 20121 and so on like a rar file is compresses having the main rar file end in 0 and then this un-rar's the rest of the files. I am assuming this is the same way the CD boot works, I made an image back up of my drive before doing a recovery. I selected recovery z3-20120 and the recover file to overwrite the harddrive as a image with partitions     I hope I guess rights,,,,  well see,    since acronis doen;t work on my windows.

:)

UPDATED:

It worked as I thought it would, now we're cooking with peanut oil.  

Thank Guys.

• 1 year later...

Hey Garrett.

I haven't been on here for a long time and the last time I was I believe you helped me with getting a new bigger HDD with new maps and then I sent you my original drive. I hope I'm remembering correctly that that was you.

That was in 2010 and I was hoping that there are newer maps now. I have a lot of trouble using my AVIC nav system anymore because it seems 75% of the addresses I look for come up with "This address does not exist. Do you want to continue?" It's so frustrating to enter everything in then get that and end up using my phone instead. My real problem is I don't have a PC, my house is completely MAC networked. I'm assuming that from what I've skimmed through this thread that everything has to be done on a PC.

What can you tell me on availability of the newest maps, HDD size and loading the new maps and how I can update?

Also, my old AVIC, ( I want to say D3) ?? Is in my wife's truck. I'd get the model # off of it but it's at home in Minnesota and we're in Kansas helping her parents out. It works for what she needs, basics only, however the touch screen is failing and it is very difficult to push buttons on the right side of the screen. Anything that is right against the edge of the screen you can't push because it essentially has shifted the touch surface over 1/2 inch. Is there a inexpensive fix? I really don't want to send it to pioneer, they'll charge an arm and a leg to replace it.

It's great to see how big this site has grown over the years and thanks for all you do with it.

• 2 years later...