AVIC411.com

D3 AND IPHONE A NO GO (UPDATED!!! IT WORX)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folkes, I have gotten it to work pretty well over bluetooth for the most part. It does autoconnect, but there is no way to upload the phonebook because the iphone does not support contacts over bluetooth yet. It probably will with a future update. I did however find a way to set preset phone numbers to the six presets you get with the D3. The steps are:

1. Select phone source on the D3

2. Hit DIRECT

3. Dial the number

4. Hit SET

5. The number will appear at the top in the blue bar, at that point touch and hold one of the preset locations and it will store the number.

There is no way to set a name, just the number but I can live with that until Apple updates the bluetooth functions of the phone.

It will pair, but it wont autoconnect, cant transfer contacts and wont pair with BT audio control on D3. :cry:

FYI - I have the Z2 and the iPhone pairs and works great for phone calls... it also auto connects now everytime.

I cannot, however, transfer the phone book contacts... and that's a limitation of the iPhone at the moment, not the Z2.

It will pair, but it wont autoconnect, cant transfer contacts and wont pair with BT audio control on D3. :cry:

FYI - I have the Z2 and the iPhone pairs and works great for phone calls... it also auto connects now everytime.

I cannot, however, transfer the phone book contacts... and that's a limitation of the iPhone at the moment, not the Z2.

On the phonebook issue try my tip from above. I dont have a Z1/2 so I dont know if it works the same way as the D3 but if it does this tip should allow you to at least store some numbers as presets.

Same story here with my D3.

I had actually hoped to replace my iPod (80GB Video) with my iPhone actually, but that may have been wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Now, as far as auto-connecting goes....are some getting it to work (permanently) or does it just come and go?

So far, today anyway, I have not been able to get mine to autoconnect at all.

In my case it seems if I have more then one bt device registered with the iphone that the D3 has a hard time pairing with the iphone. I have to unpair then pair again to get it to connect when this happens. I have a jabra earpeice as well and it seems to get in the way of the D3 when tring to autoconnect. Other then that it seems to work pretty well.

In my case, I can only get audio from the iPhone when it is connected via the ipod cable.

I could not get my phone to work (while the cable was connected) and I also could not get any video to playback from the iPhone to the D3 (with or without cable).

Looks like I'll just have to keep my ipod for use w/ the D3 (I just leave it in the glovebox anyway)...and hopefully get my iPhone to autoconnect all the time at some point...I guess I'll be happy then ;)

So are you able to use the music on your iPhone by pairing bluetooth, or do you have to connect via the typical cable like the rest of us with video iPods?

Inquiring minds want to know.

No BT audio control, you can put the D3 in pairing mode but it wont pair. It seems to be more of a problem with the iphone rather then the D3.

and hopefully get my iPhone to autoconnect all the time at some point...I guess I'll be happy then ;)

Are you pairing the iphone with any other BT device at any time other then the D3. If you are that might be your problem with consistency with the D3. On the iphone you can look under SETTINGS, GENERAL, BLUETOOTH to see if any other BT devices are listed. If they are unpair them an that might fix your problem.