AVIC411.com

D3 AND IPHONE A NO GO (UPDATED!!! IT WORX)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that Apple didn't design the iPhone to directly work with the D3 and all, but it does seem to be a major MISS when it comes to compatibility of external BT devices. If our iPods work with our system now, why wouldn't they think to at least keep the cable-mounting function alive? Is that a product of new and untested technology or what?

They just cut out a nice size market of people who've spent more than twice on their car sound system than the price of their most expensive iPhone. Clearly, we're willing to put money into cool technology. Show some love, Apple!

I appreciate all the information. As much as I'd like to have an iPhone, it's not quite funtionally ready for me to replace both my phone and iPod with the one device, which is what would have made it worth the heavy price tag.

For now I'll stick with older, yet proven, technology. I'm looking forward to the updates from our iPhone users here, gang. Keep us posted.

For some strange reason, Apple didnt enable video output through the 30-pin connector. Even the video home docks don't work. No idea why they would do something that boneheaded - why have video with no way to play it back outside the iPhone?

Because then the phone would compete with ipod sales.

I doubt sales of ipods would be affected. It's a difference of at least $400 between them. If you are buying an iPhone, even if the compatibility issues were fixed, you wouldn't likely be buying it for the iPod feature. There's just not that much storage on the iPhone to eliminate having at least a secondary and backup iPod at this point. Not if you have a decent music collection.

Do you have the CD-BTB200?

Yes, that is the one I have....

Still cannot get it to autoconnect at all. I have to manually connect it each time I get in my vehicle...which stinks!

Gonna play with it some more tonight to see what I can get...may try resetting the BTB200 to see if that helps maybe...

Really love the iPhone...but I wish it could connect for me...

Update: Got it working...

I wasn't holding down one of the selections where you register the phone...I was just tapping the selection and it would not take doing that.

I grabbed the instruction book for both the BTB200 and D3 and found out that I need to hold the selection down for a few seconds. As soon as I tried that, it connected...and now stays connected.

It's amazing what you can do when you read the instructions :)

Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to log in and say I'm happy to find you . I'm a former Treo user and in anticipating the iPhone have been shopping for a system to sync in my GMC Truck . I would love to have a Mac-Mini but it seemed a little over my head . So I opted for a AVIC-D3 with the CD-BTB200 bluetooth adapter ,

the CD-i200 ipod interface , and a CD-UB100 USB adapter , I just now finally have it installed and am a lucky owner of an iPhone . Unfortunately I'm unable to offer any insights that haven't been covered . Obviously this iPhone hasn't been around much !! When I find a Jewel I'll share ..Good luck :idea:

Byron, first...welcome!

Now, do you really still need the CD-UB100 USB adapter after getting your iphone?

I had one, and hated the interface, so back to Crutchfield it went...

Just trying to save you some $$ if it's not too late that is...if you are happy with the USB adapter, by all means, enjoy it! Maybe you are using it for something other than music?

One thing I have noticed is that accessing songs from the iPhone on my D3 is quite a bit faster/quicker versus when I was using the video iPod...maybe I'm crazy though...but it definitely seems faster now when I go from track to track...

Thanks Blizzard . I just bought the usb to cover all possible inroads I love the idea of playing off an SD also using the d3 as a monitor for a mini ,or just to up my chances of iphone or treo sync . But it's just a blind stab as I'm quite new to this stuff .I haven't managed to read an SD yet , You think the USB is over kill ?

I never had an iPod . Kept holding out for a full screen . Playing music with the iPhone/ D3 is very smooth ! I would guess it is the best iPod yet except for the video glitch . Greetings !