AVIC411.com

D3 AND IPHONE A NO GO (UPDATED!!! IT WORX)

For some strange reason, Apple didnt enable video output through the 30-pin connector. Even the video home docks don't work. No idea why they would do something that boneheaded - why have video with no way to play it back outside the iPhone?

Because then the phone would compete with ipod sales.

I doubt sales of ipods would be affected. It's a difference of at least $400 between them. If you are buying an iPhone, even if the compatibility issues were fixed, you wouldn't likely be buying it for the iPod feature. There's just not that much storage on the iPhone to eliminate having at least a secondary and backup iPod at this point. Not if you have a decent music collection.

I wasn't referring to the current line of ipods. The new ipod will be announced probably by christmas and it will be an advanced ipod added to the line of current ipods. It will probably come in at a price point of about 450.00 dollars and most likely have full BT audio control and video display options that the iphone purposely lacks for this reason.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never turm the BT off on the iPhone turn the radio on and bam connected to recieve calls, freakin sweet! Just pick ur serious six(play on tmobiles fav 5) and use the phone to dial others. I like the way i can have the iPhone playing music one minute then taking phone calls the next, then bam back to the music!

Russell

Howdy...

I have the iPhone and the AVIC-D3...

It pairs fine and connects well with the 'direct' connect feature, but how do I get it to autoconnect without going through the 'direct' menu?

It seems like others can get this to work. Can you please enlighten?

Thanks..

Best,

Ben

---------------------------------------------------------

neo-fight.tv - {The Weekly Technology Podcast}

So. I was in amazement yesterday when i saw a 2007 Mercedes S550 with its fancy navigation bluetooth nonsense pull my contact info right from my iPhone. Just connected the iPhone over bluetooth put in the pass-code. On the mercedes you push "phone address book". It says reading device and 5 seconds later BOOM, its all there. Why cant any of the AVIC's do this please tell. The iPhone doesn't have OPP so how is this possible?

• 2 months later...
Is there a way to load address book with the cd ?

I am wondering the same thing... in the manual they talk about loading the address book from another pioneer.

I have scanned the web for a bit and found nothing yet... anyone know the format the pioneer is looking for as it can't be that hard to export my outlook into a .csv file or something and have the d3 upload it.

• 1 month later...