AVIC411.com

Ok heres what I have found.

The D3 and the iPhone will work but VERY limited.

You can play music on the D3 with the iPhone but there is no way to get the video output to work. Also the D3 will not charge the iPhone.

I don't have a bluetooth connection for the D3 so I cant check the phone connection but I would assume it should work as it is just bluetooth.

My hopes are they will give us a new DVD with an update for the D3 so it will better support the iPhone.

I tried a few work arounds to get the charging to work but none of them seam to actualy charge the iPhone.

• 10 months later...

The bluetooth works perfectly fine with the iphone. The only thing is if you are listening music and someone calls you and that person ends the call, the d3 will resume the song previously be played, but if you end the call it will resume the song for 3 secs and then it'll stop playing. You just need to press play on your d3.

well i know for a fact the d3 does charge the iphone. there is a box you can check if you want to turn charging on or off. i dont understand why it wont play the video off my iphone. as for ending a call when someone calls, it does but as soon as i hang up it resumes. there is a setting on the iphone to change it.

• 7 months later...
well i know for a fact the d3 does charge the iphone. there is a box you can check if you want to turn charging on or off. i dont understand why it wont play the video off my iphone. as for ending a call when someone calls, it does but as soon as i hang up it resumes. there is a setting on the iphone to change it.

Where is this box that would allow me to charge my 2G iphone w/the D3? I get the "accessory" error message when I hook the iphone up to the D3 using the ipod connector. I also read that the D3 would fry your iphone.

Thanks for the info.