AVIC411.com

D3/BTB200/Blackberry Curve and BT Audio

Hi, I'm new to the forums and searched for linking my BB Curve to the D3 via BTB200 for the purposes of listening to music over bluetooth audio but was unsuccessful. Anyway, it works great but one issue I had was that upon initial connection my BB Curve would connect via AVRCP which meant I could control my music through the headunit but subsequent connections were via A2DP which meant I couldn't control my music through the headunit. To get around this I have to disconnect and reconnect which is a hassle because as you already know the BT telephone feature just autoconnects upon entering your car. Anyone out there experiencing the same issue and is there something I am missing that might make this process a little easier. Thanks in advance! By the way this is a great forum, wish I would have know about this forum earlier when I had my AVIC N1!

i have been debating about getting the bluetooth adapter for my D3, however by the looks of things i may have to get it. Since a law went into effect yesterday, where in California we are no longer allowed to drive with a phone in hand only with bluetooth or headset. Does your contacts transfer through with all the functions.

i haven't been able to do this yet. someone has got it to work with their pearl and posted how, i am going to find that post and try it out. i'll let you know.

i have been debating about getting the bluetooth adapter for my D3, however by the looks of things i may have to get it. Since a law went into effect yesterday, where in California we are no longer allowed to drive with a phone in hand only with bluetooth or headset. Does your contacts transfer through with all the functions.
  • 1 year later...

I have the same exact problem with my Blackberry Curve, BTB200, Avic D3. The phone auto connects, I had little problems getting the phonebook transferred in. Also bluetooth phone connection is great also. When I try to listen to music via Blackberry's bluetooth, sometimes it connects as A2DP only and sometime as both A2DP and AVRCP. I don't understand it. Sometimes reconnecting it works, but I too, have to initiate this connection from phone by playing musics then hit menue connect to pioneer btb200. If anyone knows how to have it always connect as both A2DP and AVCRP I would greatly appreciate it. When it first worked that way, I went and ordered a PAC connector so I could control my avic d3 through my steering wheel.

Update: Got the PAC SWI_PS installed, works great! Just wish I could get the AVRCP to connect as consistently as A2DP. It's nice bouncing around from song to song, adjusting the volume, all without touching the phone. Kudos to the folks at PAC!!