AVIC411.com

'01 Sequoia Avic-D3 Install w/pictures

Hello,

I can't believe I managed to install this myself as a 16 y/o with absolutely no experience with this at all. I guess I'll just post a few pictures to help anyone out in whatever ways I can.

I have not yet done the bypass although I really am not in a huge desire for it (it's hard enough to stay on the road as a new driver without watching a dvd ).

Picture 1 Assortment of wires.

I can't imagine this will help very many. The one tricky part was figuring out that the blue/white wire needs to connect to the blue wire. I don't even think I connected the other blue wire.

102.jpg

Picture 2 RCA Connection

Just thought I'd post this to help anyone who really has no clue what they're doing.

DSCF0098.jpg

Picture 3 Parking Brake Switch

This is just how I grounded the parking brake switch. Sorry I don't have the switch and parking brake picture to show you. Basically, from the harness, take the parking break and connect the empty end to the parking brake switch. All you have to do from there is ground the empty end of the switch to either the ground wire or a screw like I did.

DSCF0099.jpg

Parking brake switch mounted: Just used a drill bit to make the opening.

DSCF0095.jpg

Picture 5 Ill problems

Some dude who helped me out a bit cut my illumination wire (labeled "Ill", controls dimming settings). I went ahead and tapped into the green wire on the orginal harness. The Metra harness I got did not seem to have a wire for the illumination.

DSCF0100.jpg

End Results

dscf0090oz8.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg