AVIC411.com

Any Xm hacks out there?

Has anyone found a way to get xm for free? i know there were some topics on the net before that surfaced that you can pull the jtag off the unit and reprogram/copy them then put a lock on them so xm cannot cancel the sub.
  • 3 weeks later...
A friend of mine said he figured out the XM hack.

Basically you have to sign up for XM. THey turn on your radio id,
you get the service. He said he let it run for 3 months or so, then cancelled. He said for the next 3-4 months of course his radio unit didnt work as they were transmitting the "kill" signal.

But he (having been a satellite haxor) hoped that XM couldnt afford bandwidth wise to transmit this "kill" signal from thereout for ever... he waited patiently, and a few months later they stopped transmitting the kill signal, and his unit started receiving the exact service he did before.

So for the avic's, I imagine it'd be good to sign up for the xm radio AND nav traffic, hang out, drop a couple dozen bucks, and if you are patient, see if it turns out to be a long term investment.

Personally, I'm not that patient!

z1, 6dvd changer, xmnav traffic w radio and traffic, tv tuner, aux input for a NON ipod mp3 device, 1500W system in a 2006 CRV with front and rear passenger video.
[quote name="cable guy"]So XM is selling you XM + NavTraffic at less then the price for XM alone ? I find that a little hard to believe.[/quote]
All you have to do is ask... try it. They need subscribers (I also threw in that I was an existing Sirius Customer and they had to "sweeten the pot" for me to swap over!
  • 4 weeks later...
Stealing XM or Sirius will hurt the rest of us in the end. The more and more people that start stealing the service will cause the companies to have to start putting advertisements on the stations. I love the fact that I don't have to hear advertisements anymore.

If this keeps up XM and Sirius will just be like the rest of the radio stations in the world... annoying.
[quote name="BigFloppy"]I AM NOT STEALING ANYTHING!

You will find that BOTH my XM and Sirius acocunts are 100% up tp date.
All I said was... Ask, if you don't ask, you won't get any discount[/quote]

I wasn't referring to you. Getting a deal from the company and actually stealing radio are two different things, I was talking about the 'Guest' that started this thread.

I am all for getting a better deal when it is possible.
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name="gherbst"]A friend of mine said he figured out the XM hack.

Basically you have to sign up for XM. THey turn on your radio id,
you get the service. He said he let it run for 3 months or so, then cancelled. He said for the next 3-4 months of course his radio unit didnt work as they were transmitting the "kill" signal.

But he (having been a satellite haxor) hoped that XM couldnt afford bandwidth wise to transmit this "kill" signal from thereout for ever... he waited patiently, and a few months later they stopped transmitting the kill signal, and his unit started receiving the exact service he did before.

So for the avic's, I imagine it'd be good to sign up for the xm radio AND nav traffic, hang out, drop a couple dozen bucks, and if you are patient, see if it turns out to be a long term investment.

Personally, I'm not that patient!

z1, 6dvd changer, xmnav traffic w radio and traffic, tv tuner, aux input for a NON ipod mp3 device, 1500W system in a 2006 CRV with front and rear passenger video.[/quote]

This "hack" actually seems to work. I just got a refurb unit from ebay, hooked it up, and I got all the channels right out of the box. No navtraffic, but that's not a problem since it's not available in my area anyway.