AVIC411.com

FINALLY VIDEOS OF THE KENWOOD DNX7100 Here ya go. Enjoy

This is a new site for me when it comes to uploading videos too, so let's see how the link does.

http://www.motionbox.com/filings?folder_id=1960072

If you have any questions or requests, feel free to ask.

Look at the title of each and watch them in order !, 2, 3 also for some good stuff, watch video #2 all the way through..

Moe

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE!!!

how is the USB function? (usb flash, usb hard drive)

1. MP3 navigation (fast, slow)

2. information display (title, artist, album, album art)

If you can please test with a hard drive with lots of mp3's and post video this might replace my N1. Tired of pioneer charging for every add-on that should be standard in the unit, and then not working properly with the unit (external device integration).

THANKS.

NICE!!!

how is the USB function? (usb flash, usb hard drive)

1. MP3 navigation (fast, slow)

2. information display (title, artist, album, album art)

If you can please test with a hard drive with lots of mp3's and post video this might replace my N1. Tired of pioneer charging for every add-on that should be standard in the unit, and then not working properly with the unit (external device integration).

THANKS.

In order for me to test with the USB mode and connect a flash drive to the unit, I believe I would have to disconnect my Ipod they use the same connection port I believe and that would require me to pull my dash apart... BUT I will double check when I get home today and let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to share your videos. We tried to check out this unit at several large retailers yesterday and none of them had a display set up yet.

A couple of the user reviews I've read talk about difficulties switching back and forth between the Nav system and other functions. Have you found this to be the case when going back and forth between the Nav system and IPOD and/or Nav System and Bluetooth? Do you have to 'wade' through a lot of menus every time to go back and forth?

Thanks for taking the time to share your videos. We tried to check out this unit at several large retailers yesterday and none of them had a display set up yet.

A couple of the user reviews I've read talk about difficulties switching back and forth between the Nav system and other functions. Have you found this to be the case when going back and forth between the Nav system and IPOD and/or Nav System and Bluetooth? Do you have to 'wade' through a lot of menus every time to go back and forth?

Nope, I will take video of the switching from function to function....It's merely one button...I will try to get them up this evening.

Here's the video for you on how switching from function to function works..

http://www.motionbox.com/video/player/1f9dd3bf1015e192

First off THANKS for posting the videos. It's definitely a nice system. Reminds me of an upgraded version of my old KVT-817dvd. By the way, there are Garmin firmware updates available on garmin.com.

Also, from that last video you posted, it seems like the ipod controls were rather quick. If you have a list of 1000 artists or 1000 songs, is the scrolling quick as well?

I love the unit's startup when it says, "Testing [3 beeps], System Ready, Voice Alert."

-HD

First off THANKS for posting the videos. It's definitely a nice system. Reminds me of an upgraded version of my old KVT-817dvd. By the way, there are Garmin firmware updates available on garmin.com.

Also, from that last video you posted, it seems like the ipod controls were rather quick. If you have a list of 1000 artists or 1000 songs, is the scrolling quick as well?

I love the unit's startup when it says, "Testing [3 beeps], System Ready, Voice Alert."

-HD

Actually the three beeps, etc....are from my Radar detector. after I uploaded and previewed the video I thought should put a disclaimer in there stating that was my radar detector HAHAHAHA...

puts my n2 to shame...please leave :D

Ha but really I would kill to have that garmin nav system with the updates..blahhh

And guess what...The firmware updates are free...The map updates are about 75 bucks at most and you download them to a SD Card then load the updates to your nav unit and remove SD Card...Too cheap to buy a new card so I just use the card in my digi cam...Gotta love modern technology

Maybe you can confirm this for me, I used to have the KNA-G510 (the standalone Garmin blackbox that the DNX7100's navi is based on) and I absolutely hated that it wasn't hooked up to the VSS wire in my car. It would lose signal sometimes and take a while to acquire one if my car had been off for a while. Is that the case with the DNX7100 (i.e., does it connect to the VSS)?

Also, graphics interface was a little sluggish on my G510. For example, I would scroll the map and it would take a couple seconds to redraw the contents of the map if there was a lot of detail. Let me know if the same is true for the 7100. Thanks.

Maybe you can confirm this for me, I used to have the KNA-G510 (the standalone Garmin blackbox that the DNX7100's navi is based on) and I absolutely hated that it wasn't hooked up to the VSS wire in my car. It would lose signal sometimes and take a while to acquire one if my car had been off for a while. Is that the case with the DNX7100 (i.e., does it connect to the VSS)?

Also, graphics interface was a little sluggish on my G510. For example, I would scroll the map and it would take a couple seconds to redraw the contents of the map if there was a lot of detail. Let me know if the same is true for the 7100. Thanks.

1. The DNX7100 is not connected to the VSS wire, the unit determines your speed via it's link to the satellite(S), yes that's plural..

the speed is usually of by .5mph

See image at the time of this picture I had 10 sattelites I was recieving and sending my location too.

2. Depending on how fast you scroll around the map, it is fairly instant, but if you go fast, it can take a second or two.. It doesn't draw the map, it just all shows up at once if there is a lag.

garminsatellites.jpg

puts my n2 to shame...please leave :D

Ha but really I would kill to have that garmin nav system with the updates..blahhh

And guess what...The firmware updates are free...The map updates are about 75 bucks at most and you download them to a SD Card then load the updates to your nav unit and remove SD Card...Too cheap to buy a new card so I just use the card in my digi cam...Gotta love modern technology

Yea once I get a new car I might switch over to this system!