AVIC411.com

Improper connection of parking brake lead

Hi,

I just installed my D3, and *thought* I followed the bypass instructions to a tee. The second I start to drive, the following message pops up:

"System detected improper connection of parking brake lead"

Obviously I did something wrong with the parking brake wire, but I'm not sure what. It seemed simple enough - just ground the green parking brake wire coming from the D3....correct?

I used these great instructions:

http://www.avic411.com/D3Bypass/album0.html

and tapped the green wire into the ground cable. The ground cable is grounded to a bolt that goes into the dash frame. Could it just not be properly grounded, or is there something more complex that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Thanks for the help - it's very much appreciated. I'm going to wait until next weekend, before I attempt the bypass again. It's too painful to remove the entire dash :? Next time, I'm driving it without the dash reinstalled...just in case (don't ask me why I didn't do that in the first place).

Anyway, thanks a ton! Hopefully, that'll resolve my problem.

Gary

I think I know what I did now. I bought a toyota harness, which has all of the matching colors...including the yellow/black. I moved the yellow/black wire pin up, but soldered the other end to my toyota harness. Looks like I need to break that connection and ground the end coming out from the D3...correct?

I think I know what I did now. I bought a toyota harness, which has all of the matching colors...including the yellow/black. I moved the yellow/black wire pin up, but soldered the other end to my toyota harness. Looks like I need to break that connection and ground the end coming out from the D3...correct?

What did you solder the mute wire to on the toyota harness?

I don't really know for sure if I soldered it to a yellow/black wire on the toyota harness, or if I left it alone and it's just dangling there. I need to rip off my dash to determine what I did.

However, it's a guarantee that I did something very stupid :lol:

• 1 month later...

You need to move the yellow/black (mute) wire in the Pioneer harness to the other hole (to contact ahidden circuit inside the D3) and then ground it to complete the bypass. That's how it works, and that's what the mute wire has to do with it.

I just pulled my D3 out of the dash to reroute the mute wire and found that I am not using the white plug shown in the tutorial. I am using the black plug. I purchased this stereo from Best Buy as an open box unit and it did not unclude the white a/v in/out cable. Should it have? Is there a mute wire on the black a/v in/out cable? Where can I reroute this to? Someone please help me out here. Thanks.