AVIC411.com

Improper connection of parking brake lead

Should it have?

It was open box, so technically they didn't need to give this to you, but yes it is needed to bypass.

Is there a mute wire on the black a/v in/out cable?

No

Where can I reroute this to?

Reroute the mute wire? You need a white harness.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Well, I got lucky. They had the cable in the back. Don't know why it wasn't in the box but anyhooo....I got the cable. By the way, I asked the service counter what the policy is with an "open box" and if it is missing cables and they told me that if it is missing cables, they will open another box and give me what I need.

I'm on my way to pulling the stereo out one more time. Next issue is getting the stereo to see a CD-R with pictures on it. It keeps telling me that I don't have a pictures directory on the disk when I know for a fact that I do. :?

Haha, their policy is to sell an open box item, then open another box to steal any missing parts? Then they sell that open box, until they find someone who doesn't notice the missing piece, I assume. Or maybe just return it back to the manufacturer as incomplete. Glad it worked for you, but that just seems wrong.