I think I got screwed on my install....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your title is misleading. You wrote, "I think I got screwed on my install...."

You should have wrote, "My ride was bent over and raped."

Please do not mislead us :D

P.S. Always obtain a written, non-negotiable contract that clearly itemizes the installation with costs. And pay for installs using a payment method that is easily reversible (i.e. Credit). If he wanted to protest your reversal of the charge, he could, but it's an easier process for you. In small-claims court, he can argue that you orally agreed to his terms, and that the quality of the install was sufficient. Although that is bullshit, it's still arguable.

Best of luck!

First of all, I really feel bad for you. Nobody deserves an install that looks like that.

I'm also in Pittsburgh and installed the D3 myself in my Sorento. But I'm not good enough or know enough about your ride to fix you up.

However, you could call Quintex at 2311 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh, PA 15237 412-939-3301. I was originally going to have them do my install before I decided to tackle it myself.

They've been in this kind of business for a long time and I would have easily trusted them. Let us know how it works out.

This kinda stuff makes my blood boil!

I am SURE that if you showed these photos to a judge in small claims court and told them what he charged, you would not only get your money back but damages for what I would call "destruction" of not only the D3, but your vehicle as well. You are entitled to damages in this one. If you can look like a victim who trusted the word of a an expert who screwed you, you're set.

Try these steps in order. You have to be furious to go after him. I would!

1. Get an estimate from a regular installer such as a sound shop or even CC or BB for your car. Get them to include the replacement of anything he damaged in the wiring of this brutal install.

2. Take the car to a body shop (find a dealer to make it expensive) and let them write you an estimate for the repair of the damage to your vehicle.

3. Find your receipts for the D3, and keep the original and copies with the above two estimates.

4. Contact the BBB (which does nothing but act as a mediator -always a step one before suing).

5. Contact the city he works in and find out if you can file a complaint with the business license commission. There's a chance that if he's this incompetent in the installation of a D3 that he may be stupid enough to be working without a license.

6. Check your receipt to see if he's charged you tax. If he has, report him to local city government. If he is collecting tax and is not a legit business with a tax id number, he's majorly boned!

7. File a small-claims court suit against him for not only everything material that you lost, but the number of hours you spent getting these estimates. Don't forget to also include the amount he charged for the install.

I'm thinking he's going to want to fix this before facing losing in court AND his business.

Wouldn't it be great to see him get shut down for being such a scumbag? Good luck, and let us know how this develops.

OrangeElement yea I know, if I was working when he brought it over i'd probably say 800 to redo everything. Most bb wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Just asking for a damage claim
I wouldn't tell them that, I'd ask them as if I expected them to re-install.

Anyway, I wasn't endorsing CC or BB at all. I know there are better places for installation and repair. I guess by what you are saying, however, is that they may have trouble finding someone willing to re-do the installation? Is that a worry, perhaps? I hadn't thought of that angle.

Thanks again for the imput.

Yea I think, redo installs are the hardest. God only knowshow badly he its messed up behind the dash. It'd be the same if someone had messed your dash up trying to rip something out of it. At our bb store we won't touch anything like that or that volvo for a type of redo fix. Some other of my friends that own their own shops might turn that away too just because of how damaged it is, but then again they might not. It really just depends on how frisky the installer is feeling. :D

I would go talk to the guy who messed it up and see how he intends to fix your car, if he isnt willing to fix it...I would suggest taking the d3 out, and having a dealership put it all back together and fix everything. Then talk to a different installer at a different shop before hand, make sure he is qualified, then have it put it again. Bring the receipt from the dealership and the other audio shop and tell him that he is going to pay for all of it or else you will see him in court. :wink: But yea what orangeElement said though as well!

This kinda stuff makes my blood boil!

I am SURE that if you showed these photos to a judge in small claims court and told them what he charged, you would not only get your money back but damages for what I would call "destruction" of not only the D3, but your vehicle as well. You are entitled to damages in this one. If you can look like a victim who trusted the word of a an expert who screwed you, you're set.

Try these steps in order. You have to be furious to go after him. I would!

1. Get an estimate from a regular installer such as a sound shop or even CC or BB for your car. Get them to include the replacement of anything he damaged in the wiring of this brutal install.

2. Take the car to a body shop (find a dealer to make it expensive) and let them write you an estimate for the repair of the damage to your vehicle.

3. Find your receipts for the D3, and keep the original and copies with the above two estimates.

4. Contact the BBB (which does nothing but act as a mediator -always a step one before suing).

5. Contact the city he works in and find out if you can file a complaint with the business license commission. There's a chance that if he's this incompetent in the installation of a D3 that he may be stupid enough to be working without a license.

6. Check your receipt to see if he's charged you tax. If he has, report him to local city government. If he is collecting tax and is not a legit business with a tax id number, he's majorly boned!

7. File a small-claims court suit against him for not only everything material that you lost, but the number of hours you spent getting these estimates. Don't forget to also include the amount he charged for the install.

I'm thinking he's going to want to fix this before facing losing in court AND his business.

Wouldn't it be great to see him get shut down for being such a scumbag? Good luck, and let us know how this develops.