AVIC411.com

I think I got screwed on my install....

That really sucks, from what I can see you're looking at needing to replace the dash where the d3 is installed, along with the other pieces that are broken. That car, like I said before should have been a cake job using the correct parts . You woud have wound up with a nicely oem looking nav system.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would have been an easy job, what parts do I need?

Do I let him attempt to repair it, to be honest I'm afraid he's going to make it worse. When I dropped off the car I left detailed instructions along with a Chilton manual (so he could find the VSS wire) and it's like he ignored it all. He keeps brining up that there is a gyro in the D3 that prevents video from driving and I told him he needed to ground the mute wire, he acted surprised and I was like I told you that, it wasn't like other AVICs.

Pulled out the receipts to see what the part was that he ordered it was a VOVL-AL-1 possibly by Metra, I can't read his writing for $75. Receipt also says No Cash Refunds Store Credit Only, No Refunds on Labor.

Sorry to see what happened. I am in WV about 2 hours from Pittsburgh. I have installed 3 of these in Fords and Toyotas, along with a similar one in a Honda. I am not a shop. Do you need a replacement dash piece (the one that he glued the trim ring on)? Do you know if he cut the car plug off or if he used the adapter harnesses that most of us use from either Metra or Schoche? If he didnt hack into the wiring, and you get the double din kit and the wiring harnesses we need I and you dont mind the drive, I could help you do it. In general, they are pretty easy. You need to know how to get to the radio, make a patch wire with the Pioneer and Metra harnesses, find the VSS wire, reverse wire and use the fit kit and your done.

Jay

First of all, I really feel bad for you. Nobody deserves an install that looks like that.

I'm also in Pittsburgh and installed the D3 myself in my Sorento. But I'm not good enough or know enough about your ride to fix you up.

However, you could call Quintex at 2311 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh, PA 15237 412-939-3301. I was originally going to have them do my install before I decided to tackle it myself.

They've been in this kind of business for a long time and I would have easily trusted them. Let us know how it works out.

they install these at circuit city. i had a friend have one done there they did a really nice job
I don't mean to sound all sentimental, but I think it's really great how many people have jumped into this thread and helped save the day.

I just had to say that. You guys make me proud! (wipes tear away)

I hear you man! I love it when people get together for a cause to put things right.

What do you say, lets form a mob to go and lynch that a$$hole that did the install!!!

I don't mean to sound all sentimental, but I think it's really great how many people have jumped into this thread and helped save the day.

I just had to say that. You guys make me proud! (wipes tear away)

I hear you man! I love it when people get together for a cause to put things right.

What do you say, lets form a mob to go and lynch that a$$hole that did the install!!!

Now that you mention it, why DON'T we ban together and contact this schmo?

you got raped!

take his ass for court for damage to your property and neglect and try and have him buy you a new car for his stupidity and failure to preform as promised. Thing with court is since hes a business he HAS to get an attorney so its going to cost him a boat load, and you wont need a lawyer but you probably could get one and have the installer pay your court fees after you win. might take some time though.

i paid $100 to have mine installed and it looks flawless. good luck man

I know that not all Best Buy or Circuit City installers are the same, but I can say that the Circuit City that installed my Z2 did a good job. I mean, my Z2 looks like a factory-installed unit in my van. I need to post pics at some point.

A different Circuit City installed my husband's D2 in his F150, and his install is also seamless and clean.

You give too much credit to the original poster's installer when you say he should be working at Circuit City.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

"the words" Why don't you forward him the link to this thread and let him see for himself what support you have.

I was thinking about printing out these pages and brining them to him to see that he didn't do a good job.