AVIC411.com

I think I got screwed on my install....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I need to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone for their help. I really appreciate it and if I could buy you guys a drink I would!

So far, here is what is happening. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I'm just waiting to see what kind of response they get from the business. If he doesn't respond I'll be taking him to small claims court.

Just a little update for all those curious.

Well, he got his letter from the BBB today actually, he called and left me a voicemail. He said he knew I wasn't happy and wants to get it in to make it right, do I accept the offer? Do I bring him these posts still?

Honestly the best thing he can do for you is to repair all the damage, put everything back to it's place and restore it to the original state. If you let him "fix" it, you will just be getting more headache. They already proved their Incompetence. Why would the second time be any better?

I think I'd hold on to the posts until you find out what his intentions are. His offer was to re-do the job, is that right? He actually owes you a refund for eveyrthing except $100 (typical install price), and an apology, and if he can't do it right -refer you to someone who can.

I wouldn't bank on him just restoring it to original condition and giving you the money back. He's going to want the opportunity to fix it. Problem is: can he?

Yea it is much harder to fix a messed up install than it is working on a car that has never been touched. I'd tell him you want a refund for everything and you're going to take it elsewhere, because obviously he is unable to perform satisfactory work on that type of vehicle.

If he starts being a dick...whip the posts out baby! haha

Good luck and I hope you get everything fixed correctly. I just had my D3, amp, and door speakers installed by car toys. I usually do all of my own work but I just didnt have the time to do this install. Anyways I lucked out and they did a very nice and clean install but the wiring wasn't very good. I had to go back a rewire most of it to fix the ground loops and speakers popping. Fixing the wiring is alot easier than trying to repair the cosmetics of a vehicle....

Lesson learned for me, always do your own work or expect to get less than expected results.