AVIC411.com

Toyota Landcruiser 1999 (100) VSS / wiring help

Hello,

Thought I had all my information together until partway through starting the install on my AVIC D3. Need the VSS wire, and reverse wire (not really necessary, since I'm not installing the camera at this time but might be nice to hook up anyway). I think the VSS is pink w/ purple striping, in 4th plug down on the ECU, but need to verify. Land Cruiser forum member had pics but didn't spell out the color and couldn't identify in his picture.

Thanks!!!

James

Answered my own question for VSS... 4th connector down on the ECU behind the glovebox. Purple wire with stripes (grey or pink, I forget exact color). Still looking for reverse wire without going to back light, and know someone on Land Cruiser forum has found it using the service manual but I haven't located it.

Reverse wire, go to the light and find the + wire and get its color. Lets say green/yellow. Then find the wire harness that runs down the side of the car and search for that wire and test it with your multimeter. There will probably be like 10 of the same colored wires if your lucky! ha But yea thats how I get most of my reverse wires, forget that behind the fuse box garbage!

Thanks for the common sense approach to getting the reverse wire (looking at reverse lights for color, and then picking that up from the side). Was already working on side wires for other things (wiring in power for inverter) and so I know right where to pick it up once I determine which one it is.

GPS antenna inside LC on dashboard is picking up 7/8 and 8/8 satellites consistently! No reason to go outside on this vehicle.