AVIC411.com

Speed Sensor causing GPS problems?

I sent a message to PaisanNYC, so please do not be offended. Everyone in the past was very helpful before when I first got my N3. I am having some problems with my GPS. From what I searched, I am assuming the Speed Sensor wire should be connected. It is bypassed. I attached part of what I wrote. If anyone can help, I thank you in advance greatly. Thanks:

I have my N3 bypassed by grounding the wire to the metal near my parking brake. The bypass works fine as far as plugging navigation on the go, and whatever other possible features can happen. I am finding my location on the map however, gets off and is not on target if I turn. It usually needs to catch up. I do not have the VSS or reverse wire, and from what I read in the searches, this will help. 1) will this mess with the bypass if I hook these up? 2) can I take it to a store with it already installed and say just to hook up those two wires? 3) How do you find them, since I have a 2005 Nissan Xterra? I cannot find them anywhere.

Ok, just spent 2 hours with my car guy. Found out that my Xterra S model does not have a speed sensor wire. My car has no cruise control or radio volume adjustment when I increase or decrease the speed. Does anyone have a solution? We went through the car forever looking, and everywhere it should be, it isnt. Is there an aftermarket peice to get a speed pulse for the N3? HELP!! please!

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, just spent 2 hours with my car guy. Found out that my Xterra S model does not have a speed sensor wire. My car has no cruise control or radio volume adjustment when I increase or decrease the speed. Does anyone have a solution? We went through the car forever looking, and everywhere it should be, it isnt. Is there an aftermarket peice to get a speed pulse for the N3? HELP!! please!

your car has to have a VSS. inless in 2005 they stopped making spedometers..... get the ECU wiring diagram... it will be on there.

My N3 was intially set up without a speed pulse connection. It was terrible. Turn by turn was slow and often I got way ahead of the directions in locations with multiple turns in short distances.

After hooking up the speed pulse...way better. System status will show 3-D Hybrid rather than "Simple" something. Most cars with ABS will have a speed pulse wire coming from the ABS sensors to the ECU. Any car with speed correcting volume on their OEM radio will have a much easier time tapping the wire.

Here's where the stock speed pulse line is for an '05 Nissan Xterra straight from Directed Directechs...

Speed Sense lt. blue (polarity) 8P radio harness or cluster, pin 6

HTH

.... Any car with speed correcting volume on their OEM radio will have a much easier time tapping the wire.......

Not true. With the advent of databus systems in vehicles now, there isn't always an easily accessed vss in vehicles with speed controlled volume on the stock radio. New fords come to mind.