AVIC411.com

Received my updated software Version 1.2 from Pioneer

:shock: I just received my updated software disc set from Pioneer. I have the AVIC-D1. They sent me the GREEN two disc set "CNDV-50MT Version 1.2. I believe this disc set is for the AVIC-N2. The invoice description states "DVD NAVI Set (Version 1.2) AVIC-N2". Will this set work with the AVIC-D1? I assume I would lose my XM icons that are unique to the AVIC-D1. I recently purchased a new DVD ROM for the AVIC-D1 Version 1.2 off eBay and received it today. I plan to call Pioneer tomorrow and tell them to send me the correct disc set. Any comments?
:D I called Pioneer on Tuesday. They agreed it was the wrong disc set for the AVIC-D1. They were going to send the correct disc out that day and I agreed to return the ones I had, which I did today. I never opened them up and tried them. I did use the AVIC-D1 Version 1.2 I purchased off eBay. No noticeable difference other than not having the constant "XM updating, please wait" message. I checked the file dates on the disc, many have new dates compared to Version 1.0. I need more time to determine what the differences are.
  • 3 months later...
:D I called Pioneer on Tuesday. They agreed it was the wrong disc set for the AVIC-D1. They were going to send the correct disc out that day and I agreed to return the ones I had, which I did today. I never opened them up and tried them. I did use the AVIC-D1 Version 1.2 I purchased off eBay. No noticeable difference other than not having the constant "XM updating, please wait" message. I checked the file dates on the disc, many have new dates compared to Version 1.0. I need more time to determine what the differences are.

I still have the blue version 1.0 disc that came with my D1 :(

Is it a free upgrade to get the 1.2 discs? And, who do I call? I registered my D1 when I bought it.

:D You MUST register your Pioneer AVIC-D1 through the Pioneer web site on line. Once you do that, wait a couple of days and then follow-up with a call to Pioneer. When I registered mine back in Oct-Nov (?) the Version 1.2 disc had just been released and there was a back log. Hopefully, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get the new disc.
:D You MUST register your Pioneer AVIC-D1 through the Pioneer web site on line. Once you do that, wait a couple of days and then follow-up with a call to Pioneer. When I registered mine back in Oct-Nov (?) the Version 1.2 disc had just been released and there was a back log. Hopefully, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get the new disc.

Hmmm, I reg'd it back in december. :shock:

• 2 months later...