AVIC411.com

2005 Subaru STI AVIC-D3 Install

according to the manual i have for the 05 sti, the vss is located in the b135 plug and in terminal 27. the plug looks like this

the *'s are the actual pin terminals, the lineup maybe wrong but the number of terminals is right, so look for a plug that is 7 wires on top followed by 12 in the second row and 8 in third and 4th rows, similar to the lame attemp at a picture i did above. but again thats for the sti, which i think is different. especially on turbo vehicles

hmm,, i actually have a printout here that says its pin 27 in b135

• 3 months later...

Thank you for this!

I can't wait to install mine in about a week in my 05 sti!

This seemed a LOT easier than what I was making it out to be. I wired up my defi's and defi link but have NEVER done anything as far as a head unit..etc.

Can't wait!

Only thing that I am doing differently with my install is tapping the wire at the ECU rather than the cluster... I have my turbo timer already tapped to the ECU so I am doing it that way.

Just incase anyone wants to know the VSS for 05' STI is b135 terminal 26.

:-)

Thanks,

-Nigel

I finally got to this install and yes, it is very clean in that double-din seating in the new imprezas. My WRX likes me better for putting it in.

I also installed the bluetooth and sirius and they are great too.

Where did you put the bluetooth box?

I am trying to figure out where to put it in my sti....

-Nigel

Are we sure that is the VSS wire...

I am looking at the pinout for the 05' STI and it is telling me VSS- Connector no. B135 Terminal 26.

From this post the Connector B135 and Terminal 27 is tehFuel Pump Singal 1..??

Really would like to get this working.. I have been trying to install this for the last 3 hours and the damn VSS is not working.

I only want to tap the ECU. I have my cluster out and there are at LEAST 3 green/yellow wires...

Thanks,

-Nigel

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...