AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will this work for a mac too??

don't know, I doubt it. The unlock software is only for the PC, but it saves the data. If your data is messed up, there might be little reason to save it. I don't know a free program which will unlock it and wipe out the data on PC or MAC. I don't know of any tools for the mac which would do this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

-----

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update!

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

This is for Z2 UNITS ONLY!!!! This will not upgrade your Z1, and actually might leave it unusable, as it relies on some firmware that isn't installed. Turns out the update disc was pretty easy to cut down to just the files needed to update for the bypass.

Enjoy!

Hyperite- Thanks for your help, was there anything else on the update disc relevant to Z2s?

Nope, this is all you need...

big problem.. I did what you said.. After restarting it, it gets stuck at 68% and said that there is an error, press retry to retry.. etc. help..

Maybe it's cause you burned it on a mac. Is it a possibility to get a friend with a PC to download and burn it?

-----

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update!

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

This is for Z2 UNITS ONLY!!!! This will not upgrade your Z1, and actually might leave it unusable, as it relies on some firmware that isn't installed. Turns out the update disc was pretty easy to cut down to just the files needed to update for the bypass.

Enjoy!

Hyperite- Thanks for your help, was there anything else on the update disc relevant to Z2s?

Nope, this is all you need...

Thank you , Sir :lol:

If you get that error.. just keep hitting retry it will eventually go through. This comes from the Pioneer Support.. I had to hit that damn button over 100 times to get my upgrade to work from Z1 to Z2... it will go through.. they said its an issue with making changes to the HD. So you have to send it again..

big problem.. I did what you said.. After restarting it, it gets stuck at 68% and said that there is an error, press retry to retry.. etc. help..

Maybe it's cause you burned it on a mac. Is it a possibility to get a friend with a PC to download and burn it?

I just called him to help :)

And yeah, what dwhitley said is a good point... my drive has already been unlocked and reordered and all that. I obviously am not going to lock a drive to test this theory, but it might need to unlock each file individually to overwrite it. Maybe it's not a problem with the disc, but the file system. I guess just keep hammering on Retry and see if the number starts going up?

ok while I am updating I can tell you that I did do 1 little thing before this. There was and update to the gracenote that I installed, would this make a difference??

Shouldn't. As far as I know this disc doesn't have any gracenote information on it to conflict with.

Did you try hitting the reset button?