AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME <<<<

rite here

with no problems

To those of you that have successfully updated yours, did you have a previously unlocked drive? I'm looking for someone that has a stock Z2 that was able to successfully update theirs...

Thanks,

Dave

To those of you that have successfully updated yours, did you have a previously unlocked drive? I'm looking for someone that has a stock Z2 that was able to successfully update theirs...

Thanks,

Dave

stock Z2 only updated the gracenote database.

Hyperite, you are the MAN! Thank you for figuring this out. I vote you get the bypass bounty for packaging this in a way that's easy for us Z2 guys to update... even if it is technically Pioneer's bypass.

Thanks again! Going outside now to update mine.

Dave

ok, so I am going to be doing this tommorow.

one question,

I already have my 2 wires hooked grounded on my Z2, should I worry that doing the update with them grounded could screw something somehow?

or am I just thinking too much?

Nope, you can either ground the wires before or after running the update, but before the bypass works you just need to press the reset button on the faceplate.

The update went flawlessly. It took less than 10 minutes. It rebooted and the time and volume settings (beep, guidance, etc.) were set to defaults, but all other settings were retained. Do I still need to hit the reset button? It seems like it reset itself. I can't test the 2-wire bypass until tomorrow when it's light out.

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

I just did thye update from Hyperite's download and instructions. My Z2 is an Apr 07 build. Can't remember if my software was Version 1. but now it's reading Ver 2. However, I couldn't tell if it updated or not because it never said one way or the other. After I inserted, it said CD-ROM inserted and nothing else. Checked Service Info in Settings and now says Ver 2.

I don't have the 2-wire installed yet, so can't say it's bypassed. :? Any comments?

Thanks,

Dave

I just did thye update from Hyperite's download and instructions. My Z2 is an Apr 07 build. Can't remember if my software was Version 1. but now it's reading Ver 2. However, I couldn't tell if it updated or not because it never said one way or the other. After I inserted, it said CD-ROM inserted and nothing else. Checked Service Info in Settings and now says Ver 2.

I don't have the 2-wire installed yet, so can't say it's bypassed. :? Any comments?

Did you hit map, and answer yes to the update question? It goes through some gyrations that take about 10 minutes. if you didn't see that, it's not updated (yet).

Dave

The update went flawlessly. It took less than 10 minutes. It rebooted and the time and volume settings (beep, guidance, etc.) were set to defaults, but all other settings were retained. Do I still need to hit the reset button? It seems like it reset itself. I can't test the 2-wire bypass until tomorrow when it's light out.

Dave

If you start driving and it says the parking brake is improperly connected, you need to press the reset button. If not (and I'd be surprised if not) then you're good to go!