AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

I just did thye update from Hyperite's download and instructions. My Z2 is an Apr 07 build. Can't remember if my software was Version 1. but now it's reading Ver 2. However, I couldn't tell if it updated or not because it never said one way or the other. After I inserted, it said CD-ROM inserted and nothing else. Checked Service Info in Settings and now says Ver 2.

I don't have the 2-wire installed yet, so can't say it's bypassed. :? Any comments?

I think you skipped step 3 of my instructions :)

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you that have successfully updated yours, did you have a previously unlocked drive? I'm looking for someone that has a stock Z2 that was able to successfully update theirs...

Thanks,

Dave

I just did thye update from Hyperite's download and instructions. My Z2 is an Apr 07 build. Can't remember if my software was Version 1. but now it's reading Ver 2. However, I couldn't tell if it updated or not because it never said one way or the other. After I inserted, it said CD-ROM inserted and nothing else. Checked Service Info in Settings and now says Ver 2.

I don't have the 2-wire installed yet, so can't say it's bypassed. :? Any comments?

Did you hit map, and answer yes to the update question? It goes through some gyrations that take about 10 minutes. if you didn't see that, it's not updated (yet).

Dave

Ok, then I guess it's back outside. Thanks Dave!

Can anyone confirm whether or not the June Z2's will require this update to be bypassable or if they already contain the updated files that are necessary to allow it to be bypassed? My Z2 just got here over the weekend and it has a June 2007 build date on it. I've read where people think they might be but I haven't read where anyone has tried to bypass a June unit.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the June Z2's will require this update to be bypassable or if they already contain the updated files that are necessary to allow it to be bypassed? My Z2 just got here over the weekend and it has a June 2007 build date on it. I've read where people think they might be but I haven't read where anyone has tried to bypass a June unit.

I can confirm that it is required, that's why the subject of this thread even specifies Pre- and Post-June devices.

I think you skipped step 3 of my instructions :)

Ok guys, I got it updated. I had to go through 3 CD-R's to get the update to take but finally "got 'er done!" Now just need to do the 2-wire and I'm set. Thanks again!! You guys Rock!! 8)

-------------------METHOD 2 (assed out easy)------------------

CDROM ISO!!!!

1. Download this 30MB file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4T5MBJL7

2. Burn to CD or DVD.

3. Insert in Z2, press Map, and run the update!

4. Press the recessed reset button once, and your Z2 is now 2-wire bypassable.

I'm running into a hang-up. I inserted the disc and got the prompt, "Start Update? Y/N. After pressing the YES button, the banner at the bottom reads "checking disc...please wait." And this is where the hangup occurs. After a couple minutes I'm getting a second prompt stating,

Start Update?

Update will start after reboot by pressing "YES"

YES NO

But, the YES button is not selectable...only NO. :cry: I tried a reburn. Was it possibly a bad download? Thanks for the help.

First of all, Hyperite, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

Mazdaspeed, if we can easily get that bypass ISO, what would stop installer from getting it? I would also assume, that this is #1 site for Pioneer navigation Q/A, so chances that installers see this are VERY high ;)

dimaj

Damnit all to hell..... I wish I would have checked the forums yesterday. Now I have to sit at work and twiddle my thumbs until I can get home and dl that file.

Awesome work hyper, thanks for all your time and help. :D:D

Now my only hang up is getting my z2 out and grounding those wires.... Eck... not too keen on the idea of tearing into my car like that. I wonder if my installer would do it.... probably not.