AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a stock Z2 (pre-june) that I had previously wired with the two-wire bypass anticipating an update like this. Downloaded the ISO this morning, burnt it on my Mac (PC isn't necessary), put it in.... "Want to update?"... "Updating!"... "Done!" (no retry errors or anything). Then I did the reset to get rid of the parking break message, and PRESTO CHANGO, bypassed Z2!!! Works like a charm.

Well done and thanks to all!!

I just updated it mine and it went flawlessly. Updated program then it restarted, so it reset itself. Next thing i know all functions were available and didnt have to reset nor do the 2wire since i guess my installer had done the 2 wire bypass already. So it went without a hitch and bypassed.

Thanks for your hard work.

Done and set the Radio FM/AM presets back all the rest were not affected XM. Msg doesnt come up any more. Only the disclaimer. Thanks again.

Right, XM presets are stored in the GEX, which only gets reset if it loses power. Glad everything worked out for you!

Hyperite, thanks for all your support to the forum. I used method 1 as I had already unlocked my drive and I had been running Z1 software on my Z2 until I got these files from you! I haven't done any driving yet but I am sure it will work just fine.

Hyperite, thanks for all your support to the forum. I used method 1 as I had already unlocked my drive and I had been running Z1 software on my Z2 until I got these files from you! I haven't done any driving yet but I am sure it will work just fine.

Careful.... I hope you reverted back to the original Z2 software on the drive first, otherwise you could be in for an interesting firmware update.