AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble, I think i may be CD burning retarded.

I downloaded the file titled "Z2Bypassupdate.iso"

loaded a blank CD in my drive, told windows to burn it,

took the CD out to the truck, put it in,

Z2 says "CD-Rom inserted"

I press Map, and it goes to the map.

nothing about an update.

so I think maybe its the windows burning program.

unfortunately my Nero free trial ran out,

so I downloaded CDBurnerXP Pro, and burned it to a disk with that.

still get the same results.

I tried a third time, this time telling it to "close" the CD,

still get the exact same results on the Z2.

anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong?

anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong?

If you put the disc back in your computer, can you view and copy all the files from it? If so, the disc is fine.

Press Map, and then you have to clear the nag screen by pressing ok. From here, depending on the quality of the disc, it can take a few minutes before it'll ask if you want to start the update. You'll probably hear it clicking around for a while.

Iso file? When i downloaded from the megaupload site all i got was a rar file.i extracted the files and burned and nothing has worked...should i just burn the rar file? Or if someone could provide me with the iso file.. That would be awesome

The OP has linked the file, Z2BypassUpdate.iso then burn image.

Iso file? When i downloaded from the megaupload site all i got was a rar file.i extracted the files and burned and nothing has worked...should i just burn the rar file? Or if someone could provide me with the iso file.. That would be awesome

Methinks you have not read the first post very well. :roll:

Hyperite, thanks for all your support to the forum. I used method 1 as I had already unlocked my drive and I had been running Z1 software on my Z2 until I got these files from you! I haven't done any driving yet but I am sure it will work just fine.

Careful.... I hope you reverted back to the original Z2 software on the drive first, otherwise you could be in for an interesting firmware update.

I appreciate your concern, but its all under control. I had a bad firmware flash once while switching between Z1 and Z2, and I learned that it's pretty hard to fubar it. I have been back and forth from Z1 to Z2 a dozen times now and I can do it with eyes closed. I have even managed to keep all my music from one to the other.

I appreciate your concern, but its all under control. I had a bad firmware flash once while switching between Z1 and Z2, and I learned that it's pretty hard to fubar it. I have been back and forth from Z1 to Z2 a dozen times now and I can do it with eyes closed. I have even managed to keep all my music from one to the other.

Beautiful. Let me know how it goes.

First of all, thanx Hyperite.

I remember earlier there was a bounty for the person who got the fix, and being that you got the fix and supplied the link for the file, I think we need to pay up, Even if everyone using your link, pay you 10.00 that would make it worth your while and maybe more people will participate in gratitude.

Anyhow, I did it last night on a Mac, worked great, but today, on 3 occasions, in the middle of driving the "parking brake" error comes on and then the bypass does not work, I reset and it works again, until the error randomly shows up.

Any Wisdom?

check your #2 wire. it's probably a loose connector inside the plug that goes into the z2 - either it's not plugged in all the way to bent or something, also the plug itself may not be seated all the way into the z2, i had the same problem.

Great job Hyperite & [insert name(s) here]!

Where do we send our Paypals? Seems we have a bounty to fulfill here! Sure sure, we could send it to Pioneer [cough], but the folks on this board tirelessly tested the hell out of this and confirmed a working solution for us all.

Time for a new challenge! Let's hack the warning dialogs out of the system!

Cheers,

Atreides