AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have a z2 and I have done the two wire bypass. My unit is upgraded with the pioneer firmware (i had freezing issues). It was professionally installed the first time but installed it myself this time. (was going to return it due to freezing issues) Everything is working great except one thing. My library and any cd's or dvd's i put in dont play sound. I have not downloaded the file for the bypass but it still shows video while im driving. Do i need to put in the cd with those files for the sound to play? If not do you have any possible troubleshooting techniques. Im a rookie at all this.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had my unit professionally installed. If my Parking Brake Wire (Light Green Wire) is attached to another wire, does that mean that it is grounded? Everytime that i turn on my unit it comes up with the warning message talking about my parking brake. Does this mean that it is grounded? If not, what wire can i connect it to in order to ground it?

I had my unit professionally installed. If my Parking Brake Wire (Light Green Wire) is attached to another wire, does that mean that it is grounded? Everytime that i turn on my unit it comes up with the warning message talking about my parking brake. Does this mean that it is grounded? If not, what wire can i connect it to in order to ground it?

Ground it..... doesn't matter how...

But to give you a hinter... you can just use a quick splice and tap it into the head unit's ground....i.e... the black wire

But to give you a hinter... you can just use a quick splice and tap it into the head unit's ground....i.e... the black wire

As of right now, the parking brake wire is spliced to the head units (black wire) ground wire along with the bluetooth ground wire. What could be the problem?

As of right now, the parking brake wire is spliced to the head units (black wire) ground wire along with the bluetooth ground wire. What could be the problem?

You need to ground the other wire as described in this forum...... hence...the "two wire bypass"

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass