AVIC411.com

AVIC N3 & IPod - almost there

Good Morning!

I had my N3 system installed yesterday (got to best buy at 12, didnt leave until 8 - man they need more staff!)

Anyways, here is where my install currently stands. I've been reading issues that folks have been seeing, so just a bit of a status:

1. Navi - works like a charm. System is 100% accurate, installed the antenna on the front dash in the corner

2. Sirius - I've been reading that people have had various experiences with sound quality - i kept my fingers crossed and I got lucky, CD crystal clear.

3. N3 Hack - Paperclip works like a charm! My installer also added a convenient little switch that will disable/reactivate the ground to the e-brake - just incase 'joe q law' decides to poke his head in on a "routine stop"

4. IPod with the CD100II unit - this is where I am having the issues. Symptoms: Plug in my ipod video or ipod nano and the screen on the ipod changed to the Pioneer symbol. On my touchscreen - I can see the track info and everything - it even shows a track playing, and I can change tracks etc. .. but I hear NO SOUND :(

I've been trying to change the firmware on my Ipod Video to ver. 1.1.1 with little success (I think I read on here that this is the version needed to work with the N3 - can't even find a way to reverse the firmware) ... other than that I am completely puzzled.

I have also tried the method that has been described in other posts (holding the play button down and "almost shutting the ipod down" before connecting to the N3) - with no success.

Any suggestions on how my issue may be resolved? I would hate to have to go back to the shop and have them rip my car apart again (can't miss another day from work!!)

hi guys tks for the replies ... yes totally understood that the video will not play through the iPod interface, i've installed the rca cables in my glovebox to accomodate that lol ... have also tried with a Nano and still no dice. Every ipod control working in the interface except for the sound is such a kick in the balls lol. I'll try a hard reset of my unit at lunch and hope for the best, other then that dont really know what to do. have fired off a note to pioneer to see if they can advise - but as reading suggests they aren't always as prompt as customer service should be. if there's any other ideas out there plz holla!

sj.

They have the P-bus cable in the wrong hole on the ipod adaptor. Have them put it in the other one (there are only two) and Presto, you will have sound. And then make fun of them for not knowing how to put in an ipod adaptor and calling themselves professionals :lol:

jimmy303 - you hit it it on the head ... the installer did a douche job and put it in the wrong one port ... now full ipod control, cd quality howard, and killer navi

special tks to this site who educated and "convinced" me to get the N3 system -> HAPPY !!!

best regards,

sj.

ahh wow...would sound like something someone from there would do(including myself) We get so excited to actually install something cool and get in a hurry to get it done that we do stupid shit. And 8 hours is about right, we like to take our time and take out everypanel in the car just to make you wait longer :D