AVIC411.com

.50 cent Security solution: in a pinch

• 2 weeks later...

take a piece of air craft cable and bolt it to the back with the holes already there

then find some place you can hook it under the dash and lock it

make sure that there is no slack

then when someone trys to get it out it will not come out of the dash

even if they find the cable it will take a pair of bolt cutters to cut it

not too many thives carry bolt cutters with them

and even if they do it still takes time to cut and they might just give up

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I drive a 4runner so I have plenty room in the back.

I strapped a small nuke in the back right next to the subs, the trigger wire is hooked to the back of my head unit.

I almost blew myself to Kingdom Come the one time I was trying to do the two-wire bypass on my Z3 and forgot about my ingenious setup. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I strapped a small nuke in the back right next to the subs, the trigger wire is hooked to the back of my head unit.

I almost blew myself to Kingdom Come the one time I was trying to do the two-wire bypass on my Z3 and forgot about my ingenious setup.

Suitcase nuke... yes, you may be on to something. :wink:

• 4 months later...

I almost blew myself to Kingdom Come the one time I was trying to do the two-wire bypass on my Z3 and forgot about my ingenious setup. :lol:

So you're the one with all those missing Russian nukes. Who would of thought. :twisted:

• 5 months later...

I think the best way is to not have a nice car in the first place, unfortunately.

I know my jimmy isn't the nicest, but it has VERY nice factory paint and leather interior...

The faceplate idea is GREAT. Seen it on some other ford forums.

That + just sitting some printed yahoo maps on the front seat also help.

Also, leaving anything in plain sight is a NO-NO. Watch, cell phone, GPS, mp3 player. Anything is bad.

If you have a sub/amp/box in the back, then it doesn't matter.

And I'm sure thieves will just check to see if the faceplate comes off and if it's a dummy if they get into the car.

I would say, with all this effort, have one good car with nice stuff that is garaged and locked down tight, and a cheap car or STOCK car that you leave un-attended with the doors unlocked. unlocked doors + nothing inside = no broken windows and nothing to be stolen. simple as that.