AVIC411.com

gmos-04 in H2 hummer with bose

I'm pretty sure I have it installed right. The front passengers have good sound, but the mid and rear speakers sound weak. This module doesnt support fader. The factory stereo fader was balanced front/rear when I removed it. I have this idea to make it better. :idea:

The D3 RCA outs for rear are unused. Maybe there's enough power there to drive the mid/rear speakers, and make them louder? Can anyone tell me where is the Bose amp? I was thinking of disconnecting the rear speakers from the Bose amp, and run them direct into the D3 RCA rear outs. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

You have both front and rear rca outputs connected to the gmos front and rear outputs, right? Some bose systems only use the front input, i thought mine was one of them, i had your problem, i fixed it by hooking up the rear, turns out mine requires both inputs, a lot of bose do to.

You have both front and rear rca outputs connected to the gmos front and rear outputs, right? Some bose systems only use the front input, i thought mine was one of them, i had your problem, i fixed it by hooking up the rear, turns out mine requires both inputs, a lot of bose do to.

No just the fronts are connected per the install instructions. I tried connecting the rear and it stopped making any sound at all. Had me worried a few minutes that I messed something up. :shock: After I disconnected and restarted everything, it returned to normal.

Hey installthis06, why would that idea not work? Just wondering.

Yeah LV_H2, let me know about your fader. Right now my mid and rear sounds like some weak surround sound, but that's par for the course from what I'm reading about the gmos-04 adapter. :roll: Thanks

Anyone know where the Bose amp is found? :?

Dash & Center Console removal instructions:

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/show ... emove+dash

Not that difficult.

Thanks man, I've got that exercise down pat, and can get the console and radio out in 10 minutes. I never noticed the amp anywhere inside the console, that's the mystery to me. Neat hummer forum site! I searched there and didn't find anything about the amp...

It's under the metal support, directly under the bucket. You can access the plugs to the amp by removing the rear of the console.

FYI-- Be mindfull of the connector that plugs into the gear shifter under the cupholder. This plug/harness will restrict the movement of the console rearward when tring to remove the radio bezel. One of the pins in this plug is the "in gear" notification wire. If this wire is broken, you can not remove the key from the cylinder. I have repaired this problem many times for other shops that had no idea what they had done.

Bullseye,

I did confirm that with the Scosche adapter and D3 in my H2, I DO have front/rear fade control.

I did not do the initial install myself (only the bluetooth afterwards), so I don't know the specifics of how my installer wired the set-up.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...