AVIC411.com

Drive Image/ISO begging and supplying

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FILES ARE LOADED!

Part 9 is only 655Mb so everything is done!

Step-by-step instructions are coming, but if you search through the stickies in the "Hacks/Mods" section, the information is all there.

Awesome Job!! Thanks for all the time you put into this!

and BigFloppy for the server. its now on torrent and soon to be on usenet (hopefully) so your server shouldn't be as bogged down!

I imaged it onto an 80 GB Hitachi I had lying around, and it works fine, I just loaded the 30 GB image and left the rest blank just to test it out, when it first booted up.... it says it's updating the system and had 2 parts. Then it rebooted and everything was factory again and it was a z2, THANKS A BUNCH :D

I went for a drive and the maps are updated, the change boot logo option is there, the menus are updated, it's all good. Only took me about 35 mins to load the image across my network. I am currently raring the image into 50MB parts, and then I will make 20% pars and create a nzb. I have created a group on my news service usenetserver.com alt.binaries.avic.fileshare, It's been up about a week and I already uploaded the Z2 update iso from the sticky into it just to make sure it works. I will upload the image onto USENET and then no one has to seed anything, and anyone can grab it all night long at top speeds. I will also be putting it into alt.binaries.test cause I'm not sure if the group I created will populate onto other servers, so if you can't find alt.binaries.avic.filshare then lookup alt.binaries.test and it will be there as wel and that group should show up on all servers for sure.

Thanks to AFMagnum for starting the effort, and bigfloppy for being the first to mass distribute the image, I'm just gonna help pass it on like I promised in the beginning.

Cheers

Many thanks to magnum, donkey, et al for this image.. Just put it on a 40gig HD I had around -- works just fine... I had one strange issue where the system would seem to 'reboot' itself a bunch when I was driving.. My cell phone was still paired with the bluetooth unit on the avic and that seems to have caused the issue. As soon as I deleted the pairing on my cellphone which was there from my original z1, the issue stopped happening... seems like everything is operational!

great stuff! thanks everyone!