AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

i would like to say thanks to KevcoN3.

i downloaded and burned both discs in under a day and they work perfectly.

also a big thanks to great posters like PaisanNYC. thanks to posters like you it made it easy for me to perform the solder bypass on my n1.

this is a great site and has helped me tremendously.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it take to download? Can any seed to help out? It is running super slow... I will reseed after..

Took me like 3-4 hours to download. I seeded for a while, but my ISP is really down on constantly uploading stuff so I had to stop.

BTW, if you're having trouble burning it then definitely check the booktyping stuff in Alcohol 120%. I was trying and trying and then I did some research on booktyping and I discovered that my DVD burner didn't support it. I found another set of firmware for the DVD burner and then tried to burn again and it worked fine.

As far as UltraIso goes... I dunno what the problem is with that but I'm also getting an access violation with that.

I STILL CAN'T GET IT TO WORK this is the Message I get:

Number of Blocks in ISO Image is: 3722864

Preparing media ....

Error Verifying free blocks on media (3722864 needed, 32 available)

What I did was unzipped the rar. Mounted it on Daemon virtual drive. You can googel to download. Than opened it with Ultra ISO. From there I modified the BG files with my custom pics. Saved it and used Ultra ISO to Burn to DVD. Used the cheap Best Buy +DL disks perfect burn on first try with East and West.

On the original discs, it is the same way. Don't know why. But thats how my original discs came shipped from Pioneer. 0k PIM files.

I converted the torrent file to an ISO image and the background & pim files show their size.

If I want to put my own backgrounds and from previous map DVD's I would put them here in the BG folder, correct?

torrent programs:

azurues

bitcomet

utorrent

the following PIM files are missing from the ISO I made, don't know why.

PIM : PIM2DIN : PIM529 : PIMANIM2 : PIMANIME

On the original torrent they show as files and on the ISO they show as folders.

All I did was delete the BG file from the new image and inserted the old BG files with my pics. Saved and burnt it works perfectly.

So mount the MDS/MDF with Daemon tools, make a new ISO from it w/ UltraISO and inject the backgrounds into that new ISO right? If so I'll give it a whirl. Would this essentially be the same as extracting the files out of MagicISO (which shows all the files) and creating a new ISO from the extracted files w/ Ultra? The DVD doesn't need to be bootable or anything stupid like that?

So mount the MDS/MDF with Daemon tools, make a new ISO from it w/ UltraISO and inject the backgrounds into that new ISO right? If so I'll give it a whirl. Would this essentially be the same as extracting the files out of MagicISO (which shows all the files) and creating a new ISO from the extracted files w/ Ultra? The DVD doesn't need to be bootable or anything stupid like that?

Yes Mount with Daemon tools. Open it with your MagicISO. Ultra ISO does the same as Magic I believe, not sure how to use that one though. You should see it there like if there was a DVD in a drive though. That you can modify it with the your pics and what not from your BG folder. Save it as an ISO image and if Magic ISO lets you burn it than go ahead. If not you will have to burn the ISO image with a burning utility. Make sure you burner is Dual Layer capable. I used the cheapest Dual Layer media from best buy dvd + r. It works fine..

I believe the discs are the same for all the systems that you would use D3, N3, N4, Z1, Z2, etc...

Anyways, heres my story. It worked like a Charm..

-Downloaded from the torrent link

-Unrared the files from the .rar file

-opened up in Alcohol 120

-checked the book typing to make it DVD Rom

-insert DVD Dual Layer +R/RW disc, (I used a hp dual layer disc. $9.89 for a 3 pack from wal-mart)

-Started image burning wizard

-selected .mds file to burn from the .rar file

-set settings to lowest burn speed

-burned

-insert into avic n3

-upgrade

-upgraded maps. finished

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I had to use a variety of tools to get a good, complete, working disk with custom wallpapers injected. A lot more work than the CNDV-60 disk.

First off..remember that your PIMs need to be in 8.3 format and in all CAPS.

I mounted the MDS with Daemon tools. Then I used UltraISO to create a new ISO. For some reason Ultra throws an application exception when trying to open the CNDV-70 .MDS file directly. In the new ISO The directories underneath the BG directory were 0 byte files instead of directories with files. The only thing I found that would see them as directories with files was IZArc. There were a few other files in other directories that did the same thing (\point\sound\ I think). So I opened the MDS file with IZArc and extracted the BG directory and injected that into the ISO file I created with Ultra. Then I injected my custom PIMs into the PIM2DIN folder. What I found was that the AVIC (D1 anyway) will only display the first 15 PIMS (alphabetically) in this directory. Any others in the PIM2DIN directory don't show up. You can add more PIMs to the PIMANIM2 directory (that are not animated) but they don't seem to display with the right resolution.

HTH