AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

Can't help there. What I did was go all the way back to the beginning of this thread and found several step x step instructions.

This one seemed to be most clear. Perhaps there is another explaining the how-to for OSX.

There is this link where a gentleman found an alternative to alcohol:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... are_how_to

called DAEMON tools

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

No problem. Thanks for trying. Farther then I was before!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have figured this out. I changed the file extension from mdf to iso and it mounted like it would with alcohol 120 i guess? It gave me a break down of all the files, so I can change the background now.

My only question is do I want to burn this as a ISO 9660 disc or an DVD?

• 1 month later...
I have these images, and I've been trying to get them to work..

I can burn the image, the nav unit boots it, it shows the map, shows me where I am, but I can't search for addresses, no POI, I can scroll to something and plot directions to that point, but nothing else..

Any ideas?

Using a AVIC-88DVD

Need help guys,

I kinda have the same problem as nester here. Everything works find, except the address function. I downloaded the torrent from bitlord.

I have these images, and I've been trying to get them to work..

I can burn the image, the nav unit boots it, it shows the map, shows me where I am, but I can't search for addresses, no POI, I can scroll to something and plot directions to that point, but nothing else..

Any ideas?

Using a AVIC-88DVD

Need help guys,

I kinda have the same problem as nester here. Everything works find, except the address function. I downloaded the torrent from bitlord.

Same problem here. Subscribing hopefully for an answer.... :?:

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like a bad download or not burning right, hit me up for help

Correct :D

For me atleast, it must have been a bad disk.

Just to try for another $20, I purchased the same item on ebay from a different seller with better feedback.

I inserted this disk (same one, burned, and everything) and it seemed to work fine. I can now search and everything just like in the past.

For some reason the AVIC units are very picky. You cant quickly mass produce these discs to get the best results. You need to burn at max 4x speed, and used HIGH quality discs such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Any less and you are accepting the risk it will not work right in the immediate or in the future.

• 5 months later...

i followed the below procedure...used verbatim dvd+r dl disc and burned @ 2.3x...the burn completes successfully but my d2 still says "please insert appropriate disc" when i insert the newly burned disc :-(

Ok so once you have Unziped the file you downloaded, to a folder, with winrar. You need to install Alcohol, once you get that working...do go to options, the tree will come up, look down the tree to recording, go in to recording...check the "Book type" radio button, (im using very little words as not to confuse you) After close that out..

.Open the file where you Unziped your CD you downloaded (remember once you download it, you need to UNZIP IT TO A FILE!! and it's 7.XX gig!! you need room!!)...If you have done things right so far, the files you unziped will now be with and red boxes, with the file extentions in the in red. (ex. .MDS in red)

open burning program Alcohol,

Drag anyone of the files, there will be two!!...it does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the wide open box to the right of the selection pane. dont worrie about any thing.

Right click it the file in the wondow you just draged!! (again in alcohol)..select image burning wizard...Once you do that everything else will be done...Hit next...Change the speed option to slow as you can go...and hit start...close everything else down!! don't use your computer at this time, unless you got a core two duo, like me!! lol or a mac! and then if you need to know how to do this, you should not own a mac! lol J?K all..

This is the stupid easy part!!...wait for 40 min!! and then your done..

I used HP DL R+ media... my navi will be hook up tomarrow, i don't have my GPS yet, but this should still boot?

Any questions....i'll try to help, but really this is easy...If you cant figure it out, have someone do it, or bur the disc! Or read instructions! HAVE FAITH!!

• 1 month later...