AVIC411.com

Free 70-mtp disks

I was able to download the image and got it to work. My first attempt kept giving me "read error" from my N3, and as suspected, it was simply a media error (not all blank dual layer DVD's are the same). After using a good piece of media, worked like a charm. Been on the new software for 2 weeks and no problems so far.

As stated in previous posts, there are no GUI updates or interface changes. Just updated map data and POIs. The update does not erase your settings (address book, histories, EQ settings, etc are preserved).

HTH

so then what is a good piece of media? ive tried both a verbatim and sony and heard memorex is no good so what should i use? i burned the 60 series discs with the verbatim no problem so i don't understand why they aren't working now

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I did...

1) made sure that the image I download was free from corruption. Compared the MD5 hash supplied with the image.

2) downloaded Alcohol 120 (trial).

3) went into Alcohol 120 options and checked option for booking DVD+R(RW) media as DVD-ROM.

4) Burned image to Verbatum DVD+R Dual Layer DVD using Alcohol 120

5) Inserted DVD into my AVIC-N3

With the exception of getting a crappy burn on bad media the first time, that's all it took.

I'm happy to post expanded images, or .iso versions if it helps anyone. PM me if so.

HTH

i don't know why i keep getting problems ive been through 4 discs i tried burning the .mds files in alcohol - didn't work then tried converting the .mds to .iso and burned in nero still didn't work WTF i seem to be the only one having the problem i dont understand what im doing wrong

All things being equal, it looks as though the image you are using could be the problem. Have you tried downloading it again?

you dont need to download it again i was the second person to download the disk off piratebay...That was 2 weeks ago..to this day i dont have a problem burning disks with alcohol 120 when u goto burn the image it has to be extracted from the win rar file...need anymore help pm me!!!

you dont need to download it again i was the second person to download the disk off piratebay...That was 2 weeks ago..to this day i dont have a problem burning disks with alcohol 120 when u goto burn the image it has to be extracted from the win rar file...need anymore help pm me!!!

ha ha i know it has to be unrared i have the .mds and .mdf files and have checked the dvd-rom under options and still having a problem this time it said invalid dvd has been inserted...it usually says disk read error so i don't know this is pissing me off that im the only one having this problem

Ok so once you have Unziped the file you downloaded, to a folder, with winrar. You need to install Alcohol, once you get that working...do go to options, the tree will come up, look down the tree to recording...check the Book type radio button, (im using very little words as not to confuse you) After close that out..

.Open the file where you Unziped your CD you downloaded...If you have done things right so far, the files will now be with and red boxes, with the file extentions in the in red.

open burning program

Drag anyone of the files, there will be two!!...it does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the wide open box to the left of everything!! dont worrie about any thing.

Right click it...selcet image burning wizard...Once you do that everything else will be done...Hit next...Change the speed option to slow as you can go...and hit start...close everything else down!! dont use your computer at this time, unless you got a care two duo, like me!! lo or a mac! and then if you need to know how to do this, you should not own a mac! lol J?K all..

This is the stupid easy part!!...wait for 40 min!! and then your done..

I used HP DL R+ media... my navi will be hook up tomarrow, i dont have my GPS yet, but this should still boot?

Any questions....i'll try to help, but really this is easy...If you cant figgure it out, have someone do it, or bur the disc! Or read instructions! HAVE FAITH!!

Ok so once you have Unziped the file you downloaded, to a folder, with winrar. You need to install Alcohol, once you get that working...do go to options, the tree will come up, look down the tree to recording, go in to recording...check the "Book type" radio button, (im using very little words as not to confuse you) After close that out..

.Open the file where you Unziped your CD you downloaded (remember once you download it, you need to UNZIP IT TO A FILE!! and it's 7.XX gig!! you need room!!)...If you have done things right so far, the files you unziped will now be with and red boxes, with the file extentions in the in red. (ex. .MDS in red)

open burning program Alcohol,

Drag anyone of the files, there will be two!!...it does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the wide open box to the right of the selection pane. dont worrie about any thing.

Right click it the file in the wondow you just draged!! (again in alcohol)..select image burning wizard...Once you do that everything else will be done...Hit next...Change the speed option to slow as you can go...and hit start...close everything else down!! don't use your computer at this time, unless you got a core two duo, like me!! lol or a mac! and then if you need to know how to do this, you should not own a mac! lol J?K all..

This is the stupid easy part!!...wait for 40 min!! and then your done..

I used HP DL R+ media... my navi will be hook up tomarrow, i don't have my GPS yet, but this should still boot?

Any questions....i'll try to help, but really this is easy...If you cant figure it out, have someone do it, or bur the disc! Or read instructions! HAVE FAITH!!

I still can not burn my it tells me I need more space. I am using Verbatim DL DVD ... I tried ti burn it using Alcochol 120%

ONCE AGAIN:

CAN SOMEONE POST WHAT TO DO AFTER DOWNLOADING AND UNZIPING TORRENT

Not meaning to be disrespectful, but joining this forum 2 days ago and already DEMANDING BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS for someone to give you step by step, explicit instructions will get you nowhere. Learn how to use the search function, and learn how to read. There's plenty of advice here regarding the question(s) you ask.

I still can not burn my it tells me I need more space. I am using Verbatim DL DVD ... I tried ti burn it using Alcochol 120%

ONCE AGAIN:

CAN SOMEONE POST WHAT TO DO AFTER DOWNLOADING AND UNZIPING TORRENT

Make sure that when you insert the DVD, Alcohol shows the free space available on the blank DVD as larger than 4.2GB (like 8.3GB). If not, then you may be using a DL DVD, but you either don't have a DL capable DVD burner, or a driver problem. I'm thinking your burner isn't dual layer capable.

HTH