AVIC411.com

here ya go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/ ... 0_4562.jpg

the red (pink) crap I can't think of what it is called............but that is where it is attached.

idbl_fanatic,

You have really gone the extra step of helping me. You are a asset to this forum and to me. Thank you for taking time to help me. It's nice to come as a new person and get help instead of people telling you to use the search button.

Thank You Sir- Chase Boies

here ya go:

the red (pink) crap I can't think of what it is called............but that is where it is attached.

idbl_fanatic,

You have really gone the extra step of helping me. You are a asset to this forum and to me. Thank you for taking time to help me. It's nice to come as a new person and get help instead of people telling you to use the search button.

No problem, any time man, if you have any more questions just let me know, you can PM me, shoot me an email too if you like.

here ya go:

idbl_fanatic,

idbl_fanatic

I was thinking about this last night. When you ran the vss wire to the engine compartment I'm assuming that you ran the wire through one of the rubber booties through the dash into the engine compartment. Can you give me sometype of idea of where to find the rubber boot behind the dash. Like is it near the middle the left or right side behind the dash?

Chase

here ya go:

idbl_fanatic,

idbl_fanatic

I was thinking about this last night. When you ran the vss wire to the engine compartment I'm assuming that you ran the wire through one of the rubber booties through the dash into the engine compartment. Can you give me sometype of idea of where to find the rubber boot behind the dash. Like is it near the middle the left or right side behind the dash?

Chase

• 2 weeks later...
Oh one note for you, there is an air bag shock sensor in the dash and there are wires running up there above the radio, just be careful and you will be fine. If you happen to damage the wires, your light will come on.

Good Morning Everybody,

I'am sorry for not posting lately. I have been very busy tiling my living room! Anyway, two weeks ago I had everything ready to go. I had all my wires solder together and ready for the unit to be installed that's when I forgot to GROUND my ground wire before plugging the unit in. Well needless to say I blew a fuse and shorted a wire to my electricial system. I know stupid idiot move. Anyway after $57.00 paid to my auto mech. to fix the wiring the system works great! The only thing that I would recommend is to solder your wiring instead of using wire taps or butt connectors! I Also used liquid rubber tape to seal all the connects. Gentlemen, thank you for your help and now their is one less idiot in the world!

P.S. I was referring to ME.

CHASE

• 2 months later...

Howdy, I actually stumbled across this site and estatic when i found pictures of the navi actually installed in an expedition....After all the research I was under the impression that it wouldn't fit?

Any advice? I'm about to buy the avic-d3 and I have a 2000 expedition eddie b.

I'd appreciate any help ya'll could give..... here or email me christopher@christopherjb.com