AVIC411.com

Protection for your Z1?

[quote name="BigFloppy"]Mine is going into a Mustang, so the "stock" radi will look basically the same... that's the general idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Basicaly, I'm working with a guy localy who is going to fabricate one for me, then hopefully it will be cost effective so everyone can get one.[/quote]

BigFloppy have you had any luck with your local guy and the fabrication of a cover for the Z1?
I posted this on another thread, but it makes sense here too.

I was thinking about this last night as well, and came up with an idea, that I think works pretty well and I will post some pics tonight. I used the little plastic trim piece that came with my Z1, cut a piece of black t-shirt, and hot glued it to the trim piece, I than attached little plastic pieces that stick out and slide in between the Z1 and the metra install kit which holds it into place, I plan on putting a Ford symbol on the front of the t-shirt to make it look more "factory". It looks pretty good, now hopefully any would-be thiefs will move onto another more obvious radio.
  • 1 month later...