AVIC411.com

N2 Repaired by Pioneer now N3 without Switch, Help Jumpering

I sent my N2 in for repair, which I had used the Pen method to jumper. Pioneer replaced the main control board and now it looks like a N3 with out the switch. I am sure I can jumper two of the conductors where the switch would normally be soldered, but which two?

I have searched the site for this information and did not find it after looking through 17 pages of posts.

If anyone knows the answer please reply.

Attached is a photo of the new board with out the switch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Looked at the layout of the pins in the picutre and took and educated guess. I jumpered the pins that are fartherest bac the left on to the middel one and if works correctly. THe four outside pins are not used only the three in the back and the two on the left of my picture (with the biggest gap between them) are to be jumpered. On the included picture it is the two points connected by the red line.

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

post-1959-12872753171647_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This jumpering has been working for over a month now and seems fine. Of course you have to ground the parking break as well to complete the bypass, specifics are post all over this site if you search for it. I only posted this because the lack of switch and difference between the normal N2 pin layout had me questioning which pins to jummper. So After much thought I decided it had to be the two pints connected with the red line in my picture and it worked perfectly. make sure you only connect these two points and no others. Also if you are using a pen writer make sure it is dry before powering it up (15 mins to dry)