AVIC411.com

Conspiracy? Where are all the SNR-PIR2's?

I've been searching for one like a mad man for the last 3 weeks

Everyone is "sold out" but they don't seem to know why...

I realize Pioneer does not produce the item...but they do distribute them...

Crutchfield is back-ordered indefinitely...Can't tell me anything

Sirius...nadda. guy I spoke to claims they are waiting for a possible new unit in October...but remarked that it was PURE SPECULATION.

Pioneer Verified plenty of units in stock but said nobody was ordering them???? wtf? couldn't/wouldn't tell me anymore then that

Best Buy...nuff said :roll:

C.C....again :roll:

I have literally called every local shop, ebay, etc etc

all I can find is an occasional used unit or a "Reconditioned" unit...

im getting desperate here

the sir-pnr2 was discontinued because there have been some issues of the unit locking up and shutting down for no reason (at least from what i have heard) and the liscensing agreement between pioneer, sirius and directed electronics (who makes the tuner) is not finished yet. so no pioneer sirius tuners can be found to sell. i know, i've looked. so we are selling buttloads of xm right now. no eta on sir-pnr3 either. hopefully by christmas.

Cool story but I have never seen any PNR2s lock up. And DEI doesn't make it either, they just buy and distribute from the same overseas company that makes the other branded tuners.

And our Pioneer rep says they are filling all PNR2s this month. Guess only time will tell

the sir-pnr2 was discontinued because there have been some issues of the unit locking up and shutting down for no reason (at least from what i have heard) and the liscensing agreement between pioneer, sirius and directed electronics (who makes the tuner) is not finished yet. so no pioneer sirius tuners can be found to sell. i know, i've looked. so we are selling buttloads of xm right now. no eta on sir-pnr3 either. hopefully by christmas.