AVIC411.com

reverse gear signal - mazda3

I need to tap into reverse gear signal for 07 mazda3 hatchback. Please help.

There is one all the way at the back on the top hatch. It is very difficult to wire it there. I believe the wire will start up front from glove box and run all the way back there. But I don't know what wire up front to tap.

Please help

There is one all the way at the back on the top hatch. It is very difficult to wire it there. I believe the wire will start up front from glove box and run all the way back there. But I don't know what wire up front to tap.

Please help

Here's your reverse wire....

Reverse Light green/orange or green/black passenger kick, harness to rear

HTH

Thanks, consultadrone

The green/orange stripe is on the left grommet on top of hatch and green/black stripe is on the right grommet on top of hatch.

Unfortunately they somehow merge into one wire somewhere and there is no green/orange or green/black stripe there under glove box!!!

Do you have a pic of the wire under glove box by any chance? or its exactly location? or any clue to look for it? I try really hard and don't see it. I guess it comes out of PJB J05 but don't see wire with matching color (green/black)

it's not under the glovebox. On the passenger side of the car you'll see a plastic piece that runs the length of the door opening. Pop that up. You should then see a bundle of wires that runs from the front of the car to the back. If you don' see that bundle, then move the carpet, it might be under the carpet.

it's not under the glovebox. On the passenger side of the car you'll see a plastic piece that runs the length of the door opening. Pop that up. You should then see a bundle of wires that runs from the front of the car to the back. If you don' see that bundle, then move the carpet, it might be under the carpet.

You mean the passenger scuff plate? That is the plastic piece along the passenger door. I removed that before to run the wire for backup camera. There is no wire there. I install amp and there is no wire under carpet.

I may not say it clear but when I say glove box I meant: remove glove box and right below it you see the fuse box. All wires will come from firewall and end up here. I check for J05 which is on the back side of fuse box and look for wire green/black. It's not there.

It's located behind the passenger side kick panel. Basically, behind the plastic under the passenger side floor mat between where a seated passengers feet would be and the firewall of the car.

I have a pick of the location in my car...not a Mazda, but might help...

Yep! that exactly I was looking. All wires from engine compartment goes through firewall and come to this panel. But I couldn't find it here. Cannot find green/black stripe wire there. Could be another color?

• 15 years later...
On 8/10/2007 at 3:26 AM, kotoma said:

Please help

https://youtube.com/shorts/0HrpjfUWpjs?feature=share white cable front left footwell is reverse +ve which is much easier to tap into than tailgate harness