AVIC411.com

Speed Sense Reading???

I know you get a reading of "0" when the car is not moving on the Speed Sense, but what reading do you get when your car is moving??? Mine always reads zero, even when I am moving; I'm pretty sure I connected it to the correct wire on my car. I have an '05 Altima, and I connected the speed sense wire to the blue with a yellow stripe wire behind the instrument cluster.

Any help would be great.

I used a DMM to trace the pink wire, and I traced it to ground, so I don't think that is it. I have the 3.5SE, and those come standard with the midline system, and it's automatic as well. I'm not sure what to try anymore.

I'm sure I have it connected to the right wire now behind the instrument cluster, it's the only blue/yellow wire I saw; it's a blue wire with a yellow stripe on it.

When you metered the pink wire was the vehicle moving or not? Was the meter set to ac voltage?

The vss wire generally does read ground when the vehicle isn't moving. And will continue to read ground when the vehicle is moving if the meter is set to dc voltage. If you set the meter to ac voltage, you will see a fluctuation as the vehicle starts moving. If that happens then you ust found the vss.

The vehicle was not moving, and I had the meter set on continuity, I wasn't actually measuring the voltage.

I will try it again and see what happens.

Also, the pink wire is a light color pink right, not like a hot pink, kind of peach color??? Because that's really the only wire I see closest to pink on the harness.

I probed the blue/yellow wire behind the cluster, using both AC and DC, and the voltage always stays at about 0.3V whether the car is moving or not. I probed the pink wire at the radio harness and the voltage always stays at 5.07V whether the car is moving or not, and I had to do it using DC because using AC I get no reading, only like 0.3V or so.

EDIT: I just measured the voltage at the pink wire(VSS) of the avic, without it being connected to anything, and I read 4.84V DC, and 0.03V AC. Am I supposed to be getting a voltage there without anything being connected to it???