AVIC411.com

I'm obviously new to the site, although I've been lurking for a while. I just got my D3 installed in a 2007 Silverado Z71 new body style. I'm loving it so far.....it's a great addition to the truck!!

I normally would have done the install myself, but my schedule wouldn't allow it. The installer said he woulda done the bypass for me, but Pioneer had it on "lockdown" and that there was no way to bypass the new units. Don't worry, i'm not asking for bypass info (unless you want to offer up some :D ).... I know where the search button is. :lol: but i haven't seen much info on my particular vehicle.

Anyway....just wanted to introduce myself and say HI....great site and very informative!!!

Jimmy

I got it done and it works beautifully!!! Thanks for all the info!!!

but now I'm pissed!!! After I saw how they installed it, an infant with MDS coulda done better!!! They used wire nuts (at least they crimped them :roll: ) and the pswips and onstar harnesses are just piled in there with the rest of the wires. not monted up....just thrown in hoping i'd never look in there. maybe i'm just being a bitch, but paying that kind of money for a professional install......i expected more.

hold on buddy how much did you pay? and y did you dissasemble it? (horrible spelling)

butt connectors are fine for low current wires soldering is better but think about this. the connectors on your speakers arent solderd their plugged in, your radio isnt solderd it has at least 3 harnesses plugged in. ive had more problems with connectors on products like gmah24 and onstar adapters and ipod adapters than ive ever had with any crimped connection ive made.

also did you take it to a shop that you trust? considering he didnt know the bypass i doubt he had much expirience with the avic series.

step one when i install an avic is to extend all the wires at least 6 inches before using the wire harness but still the backs of any avic can be a very cluttered place no matter how well you install it.

if you do feel like you were wronged you may give them a ring and tell them that you can hear the modules in the dash rattleing im sure theyll fix it up for ya

Actual labor was $125 (i know, very reasonable). I do trust these guys and they have been around a while. I tore apart my dash to do the bypass and saw the mess. I know there's a bunch of wires and it's gonna be cluttered, but i didn't expect to see the modules just piled in and hanging around with the wires.

i just figured he told me the bypass couldn't be done due to liability. either way, i'm gonna call em and let em know that i'm not exactly happy. hell...it wasn't like i was rushing them.

its not in plain view...its not hurting anything...why the hell does it matter how pretty it looks? Try making an accord with an old ass alpine flip out with the HUGE brain, look neat and tidy behind the dash or any older monitor. Its not worth your time to clean up the appearance behind the dash.

It might be different since I do install this shit all day everyday