AVIC411.com

A few questions about AVIC Z2 installation/bypass

Hey guys I joined this forum 2 months ago and I'm amazed at all the different sorts of information that is given from many owners/installers of the AVIC Z Series.

WEll i'm 17 years old and I"m getting my first car, Scion tC, and my parents are getting me an AVIC Z2,; so I have a few question for you guys if you can help me out.

1. Is BestBuy/CircuitCity a good place to get the AVIC Z2 installed and get the bypass done?

2.I downloaded Hyperite ISO file, burned it, so now all I have to do is update the Z2 and do the 2 wire bypass. Once I get the 2 wires grounded, will the bypass be permanent or do you have to flicker on the headlights?

3. I plan on getting the iPod and Bluetooth adapters for the Z2, where do those get mounted at?

4. My final question :) The steering wheel controls (that allow you to control volume and seek through track numbers) for the factory radio the in tC, is it possible to somehow hook them up to control the volume, etc. for the AVIC Z2?

5. Oh yeah is it possible to install the distance sensors in the back of the car? I'm also getting the rear view camera and I want distance sensors in case im backing up into an obstacle? If it is possible can anyone recommend some good brand of ditance sensors?

Thanks,

Mahir

1. Big box stores will usually not perform the bypass for you. As for quality of installation, its hit or miss. Usually miss

2. It will be permanent

3. They are usually hidden away out of sight under the dash, depends on the car

4. Yes

5. Sure its possible but I can't be of any help on that one