AVIC411.com

Blackberry 8700c and bluetooth auto connect z-2

I tried searching, but did not find anything on this.

I have my Blackberry 8700c paired and everything works fine. However, I have to manually connect the phone everytime I get in the car. It's kind of a pain, I have to go into settings on the phone everytime and tell it to connect to the AVIC.

I have no other phones paired with the z-2 and no other bluetooth devices paired with the 8700c.

Any ideas? I thought it was supposed to connect to the last phone before the radio was shut off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

I tried searching, but did not find anything on this.

I have my Blackberry 8700c paired and everything works fine. However, I have to manually connect the phone everytime I get in the car. It's kind of a pain, I have to go into settings on the phone everytime and tell it to connect to the AVIC.

I have no other phones paired with the z-2 and no other bluetooth devices paired with the 8700c.

Any ideas? I thought it was supposed to connect to the last phone before the radio was shut off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

I have the 8703e and I was having the same problem until I put my bluetooth options in discoverable mode. Now I have no problem with mine connecting every time I get in it connect's. Hope this helps.

Fyi...I am running an 8700 from tmobile I believe it is the g model. It should not matter what the variation is, but it works fine for me and auto connects nicely.

You might want to make sure you have the latest version of the operating system that your carrier offers. In the past blackberry bluetooth technology had quite a few bugs in it.

Have you guys gotten the address transfer to work. I have not been able to get this to work for me.

Any info much appreciated.

Will

• 3 weeks later...

I have the BB 7130e and could not transfer either. The problem is that I can't find anyone to tell me how to initiate transfer from the phone. The manual says the phone is capable, but the idiots at Sprint say no. I can't find any number for tech support to BB. There is a website that you have to pay to join for tech support. I think that is stupid, when the carriers like Sprint don't know how to advise customers with technical questions.

Once I realized that the Z1 will only allow 1 number per name entry, transfer became less interesting for me. Having to enter a friend 4 times (friend home, friend work, friend mobile, friend office) is so 1994! I manually added only the numbers I call most frequently. If I need someone else, I'll dial from my phone. I even added pictures to the number that call most often. :)

My phone worked no problem for the 1st 2 months... then I had to connect on it's own using the manual connect in the blackberry. Then at times my phone would indicate no devices found.

Finally my avic Z1 has gone in for repair! I hope this all works out once I get it back! :roll: This is the third compatible phone that my Avic seems to have bluetooth issues with.