AVIC411.com

When will there be a new BT adapter?

I know there are mixed reviews on the BT for the Z1. However, my view is it sucks! I've tried everything and it just doesn’t sound good on the other persons end.

Is this a BT adapter problem or a Z1 problem?

Is there any rumors of a nee module due out or being developed?

Yeah, I wished the sound quality was more clear and crisp.

I recorded my voice on the Z1 via voicemail and heard what it sounded like.

There is no echo but my biggest issue is that it sounds too distant and unclear.

and my mic is right by my face in the A-pillar too. :shock:

Its gotta be a combination of BT mic, adapter, and the Z1's hardware/software.

I have my mic on the A piller near the top of the drivers side door - works great. I found that mic's near the rear view mirror tend to exhibit echos.

Itchy,

Do you have a pic I can see? Mine is currently near the A-pillar but not on it. Mine hangs from the headliner.

perhaps the echo cancelling feature works differently among the newer pioneer units.

Well no, it just doesn't work! I had the DEH-P980BT as well before the D3 and the BT was useless. The echo off feature just didn't do any good. Pioneer actually designed the CD-BTB200 better to eliminate the echo. The BTB100 had the same problem as well as the Z series BT adapters.

The 9800BT, BT1, and BTB100 all used the same bluetooth chipset thus they all sucked. The 7900BT, BTB200 are much improved

Well no, it just doesn't work! I had the DEH-P980BT as well before the D3 and the BT was useless. The echo off feature just didn't do any good. Pioneer actually designed the CD-BTB200 better to eliminate the echo. The BTB100 had the same problem as well as the Z series BT adapters.

The 9800BT, BT1, and BTB100 all used the same bluetooth chipset thus they all sucked. The 7900BT, BTB200 are much improved.

What has changed on the chips? Was it only echo related? When I bought my Z1, I paired it with a Motorola E815. The echo was bad but autoconnect worked flawlessly. The same phone on the 980BT, same echo, no autoconnect. I got a new LG Chocolate and the results were exactly the same as with the E815. Instictively I thought the 980BT was bad because it wouldn't autoconnect so I called Pioneer to get some answers.

The guy I spoke with said that the ND-BT1's chip was different from the 980BT and that they know the latter's chip is inferior. When I asked if switching to the new 790BT would fix the problem, he said that they both had the same chip so it wouldn't make a difference. Assuming you know what you're talking about, apparently I was lied to by Pioneer (big surprise). I haven't tried a 790BT so I don't know if the supposed different chips will fix my autoconnect problem.