AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

Looks like i messed up. I now have a z3 HD in my z1 that was originally bypassed with the ducati device that I purchased through this forum years ago. Now even with my parking break on, I can not plan a route or watch videos. My Jetta GLI and Z3 is now just a music player with a map.

what do i do now?

You have 2 options.

1) Do the 2 wire bypass for full functionality all the time.

2) Properly connect your parking brake according to the installation manual. You will only have full functionality when the brake is on.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the ducati bypass is no longer valid at all? If that was the original install method, can the two wire bypass still be done? If so, how long does it take? Where is the best sticky so I can get this done.

Garrett, are you local to Laurel/College Park MD? I would be willing to pay for u to do the two wire bypass. Thanks.

So the ducati bypass is no longer valid at all? If that was the original install method, can the two wire bypass still be done? If so, how long does it take? Where is the best sticky so I can get this done.

Garrett, are you local to Laurel/College Park MD? I would be willing to pay for u to do the two wire bypass. Thanks.

Correct, ducati flasher will no longer work at all. You can remove it, or leave it in. Makes no difference. If you remove it, you will have a cleaner install. I am not local to MD. I live in TX.

For instructions for the 2 wire bypass. Go to the Z series hacks forum, and look at the sticky posts at the top. Ducatiboy has a link for the 2 wire bypass.

Also, now the the HD is Z3 image, the "flashing" bypass no longer works, which means the adapter i purchased no longer works? The only option to have full functionality all the time is to pull out headunit and do 2wire bypass?

Yes. Here is a direct link to the bypass instructions:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the z3 image last night,

The directions say you need to unzip it, it was not zipped?

Also I want to to the restore and it said "This is not the first sector of the image"

I went and looked in the files that I downloaded with a torrent and I have

z3_virgin 2 - 9

z3_virgin 12-14

Does anyone know if it is suposto be like this? Did the torrent miss up downloaded it says that I am done with it.

ok well I figured it out I did a force recheck on utorrent and it says now that I am only 78% done with it. /sigh I was looking forward to getting the z3 update installed on it. Once I get this thing downloaded I will leave it up to seed for other people, I have it on my work computer that really doesnt get used much so I should have no problem seeding for a while for you all.

Can I get some seeders please. There is only 2 seeders and they dont have the same sections that I dont have 1, 10, 11 Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...