AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, but garrettoomey has put together a great guide on how to retain your music if your drive was already unlocked. If you are using the stock drive and have to unlock, you will lose all data on the drive unless you use the unlocking service which, last time I checked, was about 45 bucks. If you unlock it yourself, you will lose all your data.

The guide is around here somewhere, I'm working on some stuff or else I'd go find you a link but I know it's not hard to find.

Which bypass do you have? I have a Z2 upgraded w/ Garrets Z3 drive and had the two wire bypass. After the update, that bypass was still effective. I did not have to copy any individual files.

I have the 2 wires bypass and imaged the hd with the img posted on the forum at that time.

The 2009 img posted on torrent is the same with the one posted on rapidshare right?

Thx.

Which bypass do you have? I have a Z2 upgraded w/ Garrets Z3 drive and had the two wire bypass. After the update, that bypass was still effective. I did not have to copy any individual files.

I have the 2 wires bypass and imaged the hd with the img posted on the forum at that time.

The 2009 img posted on torrent is the same with the one posted on rapidshare right?

Thx.

Yes, it is the same, just repackaged with rar.

Thx.

Yes, it is the same, just repackaged with rar.

Thx and Thx again.

Mine just got done downloading over night, will be seeding for a while, can't wait ! ! ! !, btw, I am using my usb to ide to update it, I won't need a password, correct ? btw I have a 60GB drive from garrett.

No, you will not need a password. Your drive is already permenantly unlocked.

I know this is kind of a silly question and I am pretty sure I know the answer already, but I would like for someone to confirm.

When restoring just the LDATA and SDATA partitions Acronis asks you which is the primary, active, or logical.

I made the LDAT the primary and the SDATA logical. I chose not to assign a drive letter as I assume the avic unit will assign it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

fireman603

I know this is kind of a silly question and I am pretty sure I know the answer already, but I would like for someone to confirm.

When restoring just the LDATA and SDATA partitions Acronis asks you which is the primary, active, or logical.

I made the LDAT the primary and the SDATA logical. I chose not to assign a drive letter as I assume the avic unit will assign it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

fireman603

LDAT can be ACTIVE/PRIMARY (or just Primary works) and SDAT will be PRIMARY