AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever been any development on a way to do this with a system that only has SATA? I know I could try to track down someone who may have an older PATA system, but if there is a way (with a crazy adapter or whatnot) to unlock (I dont care to preserve data) on my SATA system, that would be ideal.

There are many different PATA to SATA converters out there. Dealextreme has a ton. Some work better than others, I don't know specifically of one that works perfectly with the Toshiba drive. I have one that only half-ass works on the Toshiba drive (is recognized, can do the unlocking bit, but has read/write errors). Mine is sku.7533 from Dealextreme, I don't recommend that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Please Help! i did everything listed for the upgrading of 2009 maps, when i use trueimage to complete it. I try to recover to Ldat and sdat it gives me the option of the the file to recover as 2009 maps 13 then it askes which drive, I choose LDat it then delets the partition, and starts to rewrite it, at that point it freezes up my computer. I tried the exact same procedure for SDat same thing happens. where am i wrong thanks

I've never had acronis freeze my computer. I think your problem lies in your PC and not Acronis or the image...

Try using acronis to 'verify' the image to see it if passes.

i tried downloading again and after i tried to re image i got ( end of file has been encountered ) I used your link and downloaded all 8+gig then i used 7 zip and un zipped it. then tried the download when i received the message, i then tried to verify and got the same message???

I'm at the point where I want to restore the Z3 virgin 2009 image to the drive, however, each time I access, I get the following message from Acronis: "Acronis True Image Home backup archive file is corrupted. If the backup is an image, you may try to recover data from it by mounting the image and recovering intact data."

However, my download seems alright. The size of the download matches what it should be, at 8.31 Gb.

One thing I don't understand is: why are there 13 files, and I am supposed to restore just one?

PLEASE HELP! I'm worried that I've rendered my AZIC-Z2 unusable. Last year I bought Garrettoomey's 60GB HD to update to a Z3 w/2008 maps...worked great. Recently, I bought the 2009 map disc (CNDV-900HD) directly from Pioneer and was trying to install the 2009 upgrade last night. It was upgrading flawlessly until 37% completion, then it hit an error. Now, each time I try to restart the update it picks up where it left off (at 37%) and within seconds the error message reappears.

Since the password obtained from Pioneer's website is for one-time use, I assume that reinstalling the original 40GB Z-2 drive and attempting to run the upgrade on it will not work...since I've already entered the password on Garrettoomey's 60GB drive.

I imagine that calling Pioneer is gonna get me nowhere since they'll discover I have a different drive installed now. What should/can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

post-10622-12872759880697_thumb.jpg

post-10622-128727598814_thumb.jpg

Ok I had to hit retry about 150 times.. but it did keep upgrading. I was told by Pioneer that it had something to do with the locked/protected folders and thats why it ask. When you get to 48% it will take about 2 hours of hitting retry that is the maps for all the states being updated. Anyway about hours in all and I have a Z1 converted to a Z2 with all new maps. My street is now on the map... way cool... I still have to add the ground wire and test the bypass and see what happens... I will let you all know sometime tomorrow.

Okay, I found this post from 2007. So, maybe I'll try hitting retry/restart a couple hundred times and hope that it will keep progressing. But, any other help would be muy bueno.

I finally got the update to complete. I estimate that I had to hit the "Retry" key about 40-50 times for it to continue past 37%. Once it progressed past 37%, there were no more errors.

There's some weird file locking protocol that activates on SOME units with SOME file system changes. All we really know (last I checked) is that hitting retry a million times is the way to get around it, and still don't know what causes it, how to know if it'll happen, or how to prevent it.